Radio is dead.

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
LondonCbRadio

Re: Radio is dead.

Post by LondonCbRadio »

Mic shyness is real but also people need things in common. Can't just sit there talking about radio 24/7 and expect new people to join in. Here in London we have this one guy in leyton that just sits on the 19 all the time talking about his amplifier that he keeps blowing up. It's boring and no one wants to listen never mind join in.A good convo attracts people but it's always the same bunch talking the same **** so nothing changes.
Tin soldier
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Radio is dead.

Post by Tin soldier »

DX-Digger wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 03:40 Well if you dont like the Nets then start your own net!
I have never heard such a moaning, wheezing, complaining lot of vaccinated old turds all in one place as when I happen to run across one of those ghastly “nets” where they hog a repeater for an hour or so and everybody worldwide can listen to five old sods being insular and angry. And no, you are NOT allowed to join in either because you don’t belong to the club!
I've never read such a moaning, Wheezing, complaining post as yours! It looks like the ham radio status is catching and you are now inflicting your moans on us on this forum.
If you dont like what you hear turn the dial. do what other radio hams do go simplex (repeaters aren't the b-all and end-all of ham radio),
call CQ put some effort into your station instead of expecting everyone else to hear your weak handheld signal.
Infact nahh dont bother cus all you will do then is Moan about something else in this brilliant Ham radio hobby.
I guess its time to sell up and move on to Model making or Radio control or watching washng machines turning your laundry.
Good bye dont forget to close the door on the way out!
{bnghd} {bnghd} :wave: :wave: :wave:

Hey, what's wrong with model making and radio control, ? 😁

Thread has given me a laugh though 🤣