146.025MHz

Scanning radio frequencies for the South East
iansradios
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by iansradios »

Andrew wrote:It always bewilders people in Scotland (still part of the UK, and I want it to stay that way) when people in the north east of England say 'they are in the north east of the UK'. The same applies to those in the north west of England who say they are in 'they are in the north west of the UK'.

Where in the UK are people from Aberdeen, Inverness etc......
I wouldnt class scotland as part of the uk anymore,you want independance youve got it!!! all those years of fighting us, i would of give u the land if i was king same goes for ireland,just my two pennies worth.
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

At the moment at least 60% of Scots don't want independence, try checking your facts before opening your mouth to change foot or try to put both in at the same time. When Alex Salmond became First Minister about two years ago, and only with the help of The Green Party so he could get a majority, he was against the opinions of others or he would have to go back on his word over several issues then total against independence was 66%. It hasn't dropped much since.

People have a habit of 'thinking' without actually 'knowing', a bit of a bad habit that.

Right now the only people who really want independence are SNP MSPs. I don't want independence as the only people to benefit will be the politicians who are trying to inflict it on us. There have been referendums at every general election since 1979, I think if it was wanted it would be here. In 1987, 80% more people voted in a newspaper poll to save 'Take The High Road' from being cancelled than what wanted independence.

Sean Connery is pushing for independence, a bit of a cheek from someone who doesn't actually posess a home in Scotland!
Banned Account
iansradios
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by iansradios »

Most scots ive come across whilst ejecting them from a pub reply u english B???ards,and i did look at the facts and was going from history not the current day,your already halfway there now with your own parliment,although what has happned to wales as i thought they were supposedly breaking away,anyway this is way off topic for here.
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

We have a devolved parliament with limited powers, we still don't have control of the NHS, DSS, immigration, defence and loads of other stuff. As for the abuse in pubs it happens the other way round here, we get abuse from the English, and in Morecambe I've had abuse for no reason other than having the wrong accent. With at least 60% against independence, and limited powers, I'd hardly call that half way.

Some people can't get the Highland Clearances of about 150 years ago out their heads when the English came north, and took over the land even if it meant setting fire to peoles homes with the families inside asleep and unaware. Braveheart was also a colossal innacurate mistake people rely on.

Wales technically isn't a country, it's a principality. It's the main reason it's not featured on the union flag.

I also don't like people putting what they think is my personal opinion across, when they haven't asked me what it actually is!

Now back to the Surrey Fire and Rescue frequency.
Banned Account
theEarwigger
Call Sign: M0RZF

Post by theEarwigger »

Alex Salmond gets a more than fair share of TV airtime nationally, and is good at giving the impression Scottish indepenance is a done deal.

Unfortunately Americans believe Braveheart is 100% accurate, and the english were the worst oppressors in history. Perhaps we should make it so with Alex Salmond!!

Anyway, the 146.025 is coming from more than one place. The voice signal is over the top of the data sometimes. Probably then, the data comes from Surrey and the voice from somewhere right on the south coast.

tE
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Following on from my previous statement, saying I didnt hear anything up here, well I was mobile last night in it was plus 20 whilst parked on the coast at the mouth of the tyne!

I had previously used my scanner to have a check, but was only on the internal antenna, my VHF/UHF set doesnt go past 146, so hadn't check on that, but the 857 does and its there!
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
theEarwigger

Post by theEarwigger »

Cheers 4 the replies folks.

I think the voice signal could well be from Surrey. The data signal gawdknows.

The Yaesu FTM-10 now in my car may supply an answer one day!

tE
fez
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fez »

any possibility it can be recorded so others can hear it?
grafter
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by grafter »

The data signal, it's not the 2700Hz tone with the 10Hz repetition rate you can hear is it?
my friend grafter, seems like you are using a very offensive tone in the reply.
rhd
Regular
Regular

Post by rhd »

http://rs449.rapidshare.com/files/15007 ... e.mp3.html

The data bursts (?) and voice on top of the signal are unusual it seems. Most of the time its just the continuous tone.
fez
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fez »

Not sure if this has been mentioned but on proma it's marked as:

146.025 FM SURREY Surrey Fire Brigade Input Link
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

I mentioned it on page 1, its the last entry.
Banned Account
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

well I get it at home +40.... weird weird weird
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
theEarwigger

Post by theEarwigger »

Hello RHD,

YES the .mp3 link is it. I think any kind of lift on 2m brings in a signal from a voice repeater somewhere, the users blissfully unaware they are sharing a channel.

Well at least it proves my antenna is working OK.

We've been almost starved of lifts on 2m recently, but that's for another thread!!

tE
grafter
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by grafter »

Andrew wrote:I mentioned it on page 1, its the last entry.
I think a number of us had already. Proma is wrong, it's not an input, you wouldn't hear the base side of the conversation if it was an input downlink, this is an uplink from MCC to the hilltop. All I can hear on that sample is the squelch opening with noise and the warbling tone (possibly a confidence marker so they know if it goes off air or some form of polling system) interacting with it, there's a burst of data which sounds like selcall as the female MCC op answers with '172 go ahead'. It's not uncommon to hear telemetry over these links either, usually status stuff from the hilltop.