HRD and Yaesu 767GX

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
jeff66
Call Sign: G6ZGU

HRD and Yaesu 767GX

Post by jeff66 »

Well I spoke to the people at HRD, and they told me that the software was compatable with my 767GX radios.

So downloaded it from the net, ordered a lead, and low and behold it connected. I was the call away, and had to go over to the UK.

On my return, I paid the fee for the licence, and began setting it all up how I wanted it.. All went well, until I tried the logging portion . The logging software would not read my frequency correctly.... After raising around 3 tickets with HRD, they informed me they knew it did not work, and that they would not be doing a fix for it.

So, I asked if I could have a refund..... That is when they started getting ****, and telling me to contact their lawyers? WTF?

So that was a waste of time and money.... Anyway, now using TRX Manager, and very happy. It decodes the radio nicely..
And it was cheaper. Still lost my $100 with HRD though.
"It don't take Rocket Appliances"
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Re: HRD and Yaesu 767GX

Post by Farty »

Dona chargeback on your credit card.
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: HRD and Yaesu 767GX

Post by Admiral »

The licence is a tangible product, you can always sell it on to get back a portion of your money.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition