20m Rotatable Dipole

Do you enjoy making your own equipment or antennas? Discuss construction and design in here.
Andyman
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 163CT037

20m Rotatable Dipole

Post by Andyman »

Hi Chaps,

I am thinking about making a 20m band rotatable dipole out of two 5m telescopic fibreglass poles and some wire. I have almost everything I need except something to hold the two poles together in the middle and to the mast! I was just wondering if I used a 1m length of Aluminium "angle section" to mount the rods on, would it have any detrimental effect on the performance of the antenna. i.e. would it cause problems and would I be better off looking for some hard plastic angle section to mount the poles on. The antenna itself would just be a simple wire dipole with a 1:1 balun essentially taped or cable-tied to the fibreglass rods and would not come into direct contact with the aluminium.

Any thoughts or opinions appreciated! When its finished I hope to put some photos of the finished product on here!
UBC92XLT
Wouxun KG-UV6D
Midland 78 Plus Multi B
Midland 42
Kenwood TS 590S

163CT037
Mattylad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: RDX64

Re: 20m Rotatable Dipole

Post by Mattylad »

Look for Cobwebb instructions, the plate in the middle shows you a basic way of doing this & you can make a 2 way one.