EGGBEATER ANTENNA

Do you enjoy making your own equipment or antennas? Discuss construction and design in here.
gerald123

EGGBEATER ANTENNA

Post by gerald123 »

just a thaught, I have made a eggbeater for the 145 MHz and intend making one for 430 MHz band...my question is if I put the two antenas on a boom, one on each side could I use a splitter inbetween them and use one length of coax to radio or funcube dongle. :think: thanks in advance..........
bigpimp347
Registered New User
Registered New User

Re: EGGBEATER ANTENNA

Post by bigpimp347 »

not sure how you mean splitter..
just for receive yes, but the antennas won't be tuned for the frequencies as much as you'll be miss matching them by changing the coax characteristics..

not sure if anyone has ever tried an du-plexer backwards, instead of two radios, VHF and UHF use one radio and two antennas..
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
pwmonkey

Post by pwmonkey »

why not just use a duplexer 2/70 type. They will work both ways.

pw
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

bigpimp347 wrote:not sure if anyone has ever tried an du-plexer backwards, instead of two radios, VHF and UHF use one radio and two antennas..
I've got two diplexers back to back for two antennas and two radios either end of a single length of coax... Think the split is somewhere around 75 MHz if I remember rightly, so I have HF on one side and VHF / UHF on the other.
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

A duplexer is something normally used in a repeater to allow the tx and rx to use the same antenna simultaneously. The thing you are looking for is called a diplexer... ;)
pwmonkey

Post by pwmonkey »

Yes, technically correct but you try searching suppliers websites etc for "diplexer" rather than "duplexer"

pw
gerald123

Post by gerald123 »

ok thank you lads....I will have a look on ebay for duplexer....