Lincoln 2 Engineering Mode!

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
Hechicero
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 30LO3589

Re: Lincoln 2 Engineering Mode!

Post by Hechicero »

Hi!

Now i have the lincoln II+ and have only 20 options in that menu
PoisoN
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by PoisoN »

I swapped a cre8900 for a crt9900 that had two blown outputs and engineers menu messed up. Radio had no S meter it was all off frequency etc. And i knew all this and still done the deal. half hour plugged into my Marconi 2950 and sorted the lot out again. Messing around with the engineers menu is daft if you dont have equiptment that can help out. Even if you know what the settings do. I've done quite a few radios now via the engineers menu because they dont warm them up at the factory they all get set from cold. And nearly always slightly off. My lincoln 2 plus was well off. The only radio which was pretty much bang on is my Stryker hp955.
26-TM-266
Handle PoisoN
robber57
Regular
Regular

Post by robber57 »

PoisoN wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 20:47 I swapped a cre8900 for a crt9900 that had two blown outputs and engineers menu messed up. Radio had no S meter it was all off frequency etc. And i knew all this and still done the deal. half hour plugged into my Marconi 2950 and sorted the lot out again. Messing around with the engineers menu is daft if you dont have equiptment that can help out. Even if you know what the settings do. I've done quite a few radios now via the engineers menu because they dont warm them up at the factory they all get set from cold. And nearly always slightly off. My lincoln 2 plus was well off. The only radio which was pretty much bang on is my Stryker hp955.
Thats a cool story but doesnt really help anyone if you are not willing to share your experience.
I do have the equipment, a 2955 a rtb2004 and more but up till now did not need to screw around in my V3 as it works, the tiny bit it is off is no big deal so i just leave it like that, besides that i am learning, every day a little bit more and it still takes me a lot of time and effort to repair and troubleshoot but slowly i am getting there so help would be appreciated, i learned a lot drom the lincoln1 "cookbook/bible" and would love to find something like that on the lincoln2 so youre experiance on the menu would be appreciated :P
Individual values posting is useless but If you could share a list with the meaning of the menu abbreviations that would help a lot. :thumbup:
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

It's fun reading through these old comments .... And I'm still waiting to hear from anyone who messed up their Lincoln 2 😂
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Post by ch25 »

Donate me one, I rip it's guts apart :D
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
Edd200sx
Top Poster
Top Poster