Brighton Council Repeaters - St John Ambulance

Scanning radio frequencies for the South East
RadioNerdz
Call Sign: 2E0

Brighton Council Repeaters - St John Ambulance

Post by RadioNerdz »

Brighton & Hove City Council own several active repeaters in Brighton. They have multiple sites across the city, most located on top of apartment and office blocks.

Two of these repeaters have been passed onto St John Ambulance Sussex for use during major events in the City (e.g. Brighton Marathon). The frequencies are listed below. What I'm interested in are the CTCSS codes used, I have a feeling they will be 67.0 Hz but I am unable to confirm this nor test it.

Theobald House - 166.14375 170.94375
Kings House - 166.1500 170.9500

I'm not 100% sure these are the right frequencies, but having researched and monitored from 25 miles away I'm pretty certain they are.

If anyone local can help and let me know the CTCSS codes It'd be much appreciated,

Thanks in advance,
RN
festivalradio
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: SnakeCharmer

Re: Brighton Council Repeaters - St John Ambulance

Post by festivalradio »

SJA are normally 186.2 or 210.7
RadioNerdz
Call Sign: 2E0

Re: Brighton Council Repeaters - St John Ambulance

Post by RadioNerdz »

These are local solution repeaters, so they don't follow the national policy. They're also ex-council frequencies and equipment; the frequencies and tones have not been altered since use by the council. I think it's 67.0Hz - might need to spend a day on the Downs. Gay Pride is coming up (1st Sep) and these frequencies will be in use, so if anyone is about in Brighton with a scanner, the CTCSS tones would be greatly appreciated.