Radio Netherland's Media Network.

Have you found an interesting radio related website? Don't keep it to yourself, post it in here. The best ones will also be added to the weblinks database!
Hertz
Banned
Banned

Radio Netherland's Media Network.

Post by Hertz »

Anyone interested in SWL'ing or radio news who has not got Media Network on their favourites list really needs to add it.
A Thursday evening show that started in 1981, Media Network was the No1 SWL programme for almost 20 years, so there can be few SWL's of that period who will not have listened to Johnathon Marks.
Media Network is now a Radio Netherlands blog & it has existed in this format since the spring of 2003.
http://blogs.rnw.nl/medianetwork/
If they tried to change our national anthem would people stand for it?
And ball points....Should we award them?
Bob Monkhouse.
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Re: Radio Netherland's Media Network.

Post by porky.69 »

cheers thank you !! :D
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)
CharlieM0PZT

Post by CharlieM0PZT »

In my previous life, this blog provided some interesting gossip for a radio station that I was involved with (we had a 20kW AM TX in Holland despite actually broadcasting from the UK)... In my experience with the "gossip" aspect of this, much of it tends to be true ;)
Charlie
Hertz
Banned
Banned

Post by Hertz »

It was sad that Big L went the way it did...In my past I was involved in a UK transmitted version of The Big L. It was transmitted from the UK via small SW TX's in the first phase of an attempt to bring her back as an offshore station.
We had studio recordings of the American syndicated programming sent to us from John England a senior member of the Wonderful Radio London International project & then later some of us also became involved in John's own project 4FWS (Four Freedoms World Service.) I still have studio recorded cassette tapes of both, plus a few letters that John sent to me.... Well it's not every day that a landbased free radio operator gets asked to help a international broadcaster out is it?
WRLI was a project supported by Don Pierson who brought both the original Big L & Swinging Radio England to the airwaves in the 1960's.
I also see that you worked at KLFM...Charlie Wolfe worked there for a while after leaving was it Atlantic 252 or Laser 558. He did a Sunday Morning show I seem to remember.
Bob Monkhouse.
CharlieM0PZT

Post by CharlieM0PZT »

Ah - small world! I haven't quite worked out who you are yet (PM me if you wish) but yeah I did a few shifts for KL FM. Big L was good fun - I'm not too much of an offshore anorak but I always enjoyed the music and to see how radio stations operated (from a technology point-of-view) in the dark ages. It certainly was an important time for music and whilst there's certainly room for a "nostalgia" station of that sort, it's fair to say that it's not a money-making concept.

Simple internet stream, yes... Big AM station, no :cry:

Talking of my namesake, there is a short clip of him on-air at '252 on YouTube - with 80s hair :lol:
Charlie
Hertz
Banned
Banned

Post by Hertz »

I doubt very much that we know each other, I'm just an anorak who was involved in land based "Free Radio" broadcasting & 6.6 MHz etc in the 1970's & 80's. As a result I made a few contacts & thus became involved on the periphery of a 1980's offshore radio project.
It was nothing earth shattering, but at least I can say I was almost there & sort of involved when people discuss offshore radio :) .
I know KLFM as I lived in the area for a while & still have family & friends gained via radio who live in the area. Some of us from that period have even joined the dark side & got licenced.
Bob Monkhouse.
jazzsinger
Banned
Banned

Post by jazzsinger »

Hertz wrote: Some of us from that period have even joined the dark side & got licenced.
is that the same as lost your bottle?
Banned Account