Galaxy FC-347/CRT KF-VI Frequency counter..

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
Raverrst
Call Sign: 26LW29

Galaxy FC-347/CRT KF-VI Frequency counter..

Post by Raverrst »

Hi all..

Galaxy Fc 347 the Later (Blue) type, I’d like to change out the Blue 7 segment LEDs for Red, struggling to find the Specs of the Blue LEDs, Part Numbers on the Blues are XIN-DD104B01-04, Anyone ever done this and have a reference to the correct pin outs in Red? I know this was fairly easily done with the green LED type counters however they used a different LED I believe 🤔..
Radios, radio!!
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Re: Galaxy FC-347/CRT KF-VI Frequency counter..

Post by ch25 »

Single digit 0.3" led display with common anode.
Chris
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
Raverrst

Post by Raverrst »

ch25 wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 10:30 Single digit 0.3" led display with common anode.
Chris
Problem I’m having is there’s seems to be different pin-outs, from the little I can find about the Blues fitted the common is pin 1, anything I’m finding in Red the common is pins 3 & 14 .. really need to find the specs for the Blues currently fitted 🤔
Radios, radio!!
Mitch
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M1TCH

Post by Mitch »

Can you buzz out the pins? An old style analogue multimeter on the Resistance x1 range is usually enough to light the digits, you could map the pinouts to compare with what's available.
The perfect face for radio.
Raverrst

Post by Raverrst »

Mitch wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 12:49 Can you buzz out the pins? An old style analogue multimeter on the Resistance x1 range is usually enough to light the digits, you could map the pinouts to compare with what's available.
That’s agood idea, I will Endeavour to do this when time allows. Tho Wish I could just find the specs on-line or better still find someone who has replaced the LEDs with Reds and knows the replacements required..
Radios, radio!!
Mitch
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M1TCH

Post by Mitch »

I like the green one myself, which I have, all I changed on mine was the front plastic glass, original was scratched. I'd have a green readout in the radio too if I could get the green cover, maybe one day, it doesn't look so bad though...

The perfect face for radio.
Raverrst

Post by Raverrst »

I would definitely prefer the green to the blue, plus they’re much easier to modify to red if required. Trouble is there all getting harder to come by and silly money when they do come up..
Radios, radio!!