Linton LT-3288 - Possible Value ?

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
Paddy226
Regular
Regular

Linton LT-3288 - Possible Value ?

Post by Paddy226 »

Linton LT-3288 (2w)

Have a pair of the above, 2watt version. Were well regarded in their day, but little used now.
The radios themselves are in decent, used condition; one is missing the perspex window over the screen. The original batteries will charge but fade quickly on transmission, less so when just monitoring / receiving obviously. I have made a couple of basic AAA battery packs to fit, using proprietary cases, which will accept either Alkaline cells, with spacers or rechargeables, although they have to be recharged separately. In theory this extends the radio usage indefinitely.
The radios also have their original antennae and chargers (one slightly modified to give an additional output).

Can anyone give a good indication of their value please ? Although the current market is filled with multi function, multi band unit these single-band Lintons still report well and clear with decent range, handy size and simple programming.
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Re: Linton LT-3288 - Possible Value ?

Post by Metradio »

When you can get a fully featured dual band Quansheng UV 5R+ from Moonraker for £20, who would buy the Lintons ?

https://moonrakeronline.com/quansheng-u ... ransceiver

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
dc260
Regular
Regular

Post by dc260 »

Metradio wrote: 26 Jan 2024, 22:24 When you can get a fully featured dual band Quansheng UV 5R+ from Moonraker for £20, who would buy the Lintons ?

https://moonrakeronline.com/quansheng-u ... ransceiver

Mike
Linton LT-3288 whilst older, seems to be based on the PX-777 which utilised a superheterodyne circuit. This means it is less prone to overloading compared to the beken chip Quansheng.
I would say approximately £30 for the pair.
(I like both radios though!)
-
Paddy226
Regular
Regular

Post by Paddy226 »

Linton LT-3288 whilst older, seems to be based on the PX-777 which utilised a superheterodyne circuit. This means it is less prone to overloading compared to the beken chip Quansheng.
I would say approximately £30 for the pair.
(I like both radios though!)
That's really useful advice, thanks 👍