Wires off inside Sharp CB4470 Hideaway CB Radio

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
3pinplug

Wires off inside Sharp CB4470 Hideaway CB Radio

Post by 3pinplug »

Hi all
Picked up this sharp cb4470 as a lockdown project to keep busy and upon opening it found out that two wires were off inside, i have no tx at present so suspect it may be related to this but need to eliminate this first. Another member recently very kindly posted a link where I managed to get the service manual for the radio but I have the following issue:'

1. One black wire where I think i can see where it previously connected but not 100% sure.
2. Another black wire which is just a stub and I have no ide where this goes to at all

Wondering if anyone owns one of these units and wouldn't mind popping the cover off and taking a couple of pics showing where these wires connect to, it would be a great help?

many thanks in advance!
Attach a couple of pics showing the wires in question.
4470 wire 2.jpg
4470 wire 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
14CS06
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Wires off inside Sharp CB4470 Hideaway CB Radio

Post by 14CS06 »

Hello

Service manual here

http://www.radiopics.com/-%20PHP%20-/1. ... anual).php

But no wires inside

@+
Claude
Photo Collector CB RADIO
3pinplug

Post by 3pinplug »

Hi Claude
Thanks for the link, much appreciated but as mentioned another member had already given me a link yo the service manual but as you mention no mention of the wires i have disconnected, many thanks.
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

I have a scrap radio chassis, so it may not be 100% The thick black wire just loops over the wires to keep them in place. The thinner wire where you think you know where it goes - well, that connector on my radio has had the wire snipped off too and there is no black wire going anywhere near it. It looks like the original wire was black though. It's the only wire on that header that was snipped, so I don't think your black wire goes there. Where does the other end go?
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
3pinplug

Post by 3pinplug »

Hi Otter
Thank you for looking at this, hopefully your scrap chassis can show where the wire goes to i attach some pics. Its from Pin E on the front panel coming out of one of the connectors as shown in the pics.
If you can trace it would be possible to post a pic of where it connects to please.
Strange they used a wire to tie the wires , but makes sense i suppose, one more wire in there couldn't hurt!
Thanks again!!
wire1.jpg
wire 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Otter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Otter »

Sharp 4470.jpg
Sharp4470_3.jpg
Sharp4470_2.jpg
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
3pinplug

Post by 3pinplug »

Hi otter
Many thanks, can i just check something on the thicker black wire that goes over the top of the cables. Is this definitely not a connection as mine does have a wire center so appears to be a wire, would it be possible to have a pic of where it connects to the pcb the end more to the middle of the pcb please. Thanks again for taking the time to do this, very much appreciated.
Otter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Otter »

Sharp4470_4.jpg
3pinplug

Post by 3pinplug »

Many thanks, so by moving the wires from underneath it clearly is not connected, thanks again for doing this really good of you.
Otter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Otter »

Yep, the wire is only connected at one end. It just folds over the wires to keep them in place. You're welcome.
Otter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Otter »

@3pinplug Did this ever get fixed?