Hello from Colorado, USA

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
StevetheNPC
New User
New User

Hello from Colorado, USA

Post by StevetheNPC »

Hello, new friends.

I've been obsessed with radio since the 1970s, when my father had a US FCC issued CB radio callsign. He would occasionally let me talk on the radio and say "breaker 1-9" <cringe> to a passing trucker. I built more than one of those little AM boradcast band receivers. After the US dropped the licensing requirements, I had a cheap Radio Shack CB in my car most of the time, but sadly the CB activity was fairly poor. After high school, I joined the US Navy and trained as an Electronics Technician. I got to play with a lot of radios then. :D

Fast forward to the 1990s, I obtained my US ham license, and in the 2000s I upgraded which gave me full HF priviledges.

Recently, I ran across several Youtube videos showing the DXing that's going on with 11m. I had no idea! So now, I would like to try to get active on the 11m band. I hope to catch some of you on the air very soon.

Okay, I'm off to request my 2-TM callsign...

Cheers,
Steve in Colorado, USA
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Re: Hello from Colorado, USA

Post by Otter »

Hi Steve, many of us have been around for quite a while. The Dx goes up and down with the solar cycle and it seems to have been pretty good this year.
Good to have you on board.
Tim
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Post by NightProwler »

Cool story Steve and welcome to the worlds greatest (and madest) radio forum in the world :thumbup:
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Tin soldier
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Tin soldier »

Hello and welcome Steve.
Have a look for Kate 26 CE 01 , and mower junkie on YouTube.
I've influenced a friend in Maine get a CB , a Texas ranger, hoping we can make contact soon.
If not we'll just stick to playstation party chat 👍🏼😁
StevetheNPC
New User
New User

Post by StevetheNPC »

Tin soldier wrote: 20 Sep 2023, 14:55 Have a look for Kate 26 CE 01 , and mower junkie on YouTube.
Yeah! In fact Kate, Mower Junkie and Fred in the (UK) Shed are some of the channels that I ran across showing me how awesome DX on 11m can be. 👍