Electronic Monkey - Bleep Board

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
Windy_Miller
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Electronic Monkey - Bleep Board

Post by Windy_Miller »

Nah, that would be HAAAAHAAAAAARRRRR, or if you truncated it to Modern Pirate (as typically used on Talk Like a Pirate Day), just HAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR. Unfortunately, that can cause confusion in Scotland, where haar is a sea fog. As a result, would be pirates have sometimes found themselves on the receiving end of complaints from hapless members of the public who mistook them for weather forecasters, predicting disruption at the local airport. For this reason, HAAAAAAHAAAAAAARRRR is the preferred term of endearment for Scottish pirates.

YARRRRRHHHH, particularly when preceded by an OOOOO and utttered in a German accent is most definately un-pirate, with perhaps one exception being a certain DVD parody of Pirates of the Carribean, where YAAAAARRRHHHH is heard more often that HAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAARRRRR
UGLY_BOB
Legend
Legend

Post by UGLY_BOB »

There can be only one. :)
Ugs
EXTREMELY WEIRD... AVOID AT ALL COSTS !

ToxicSpark
New User
New User
Call Sign: 26CT634

Post by ToxicSpark »

It seems that at present, these boards do not like the 'Intek HR-5500' as I have had reports that it sounds like a constant rush of wind comes over the audio, I have had no joy in correcting this problem and have informed the developers. Since the radio is basically an Anytone 5555, and it is working perfectly in my midland 78+, I am assuming that the same problem will be present in any radio that is based on the anytone.

just thought I'd let everyone know...
26CT634 / 26TM634

Monitoring Ch. 19 & 34 UKFM + PMR 446 : Ch. 8 (No CTCSS)

My details can be found on
adrian
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by adrian »

with christmas just around the corner :( i think the next 3 wavs should be jingle bells ,bah humbug and ho ho ho!
just one question,,,does the Dynamic range compression thingy bit work???
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Wonder if one would work on my 706..... the wind up factor would be off the richter scale the jokers round here...
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Yeti »

Out of stock at present - I got an email the other day saying I should try again in 1 month.
Will the next movie in the series be The Fast and The Funeral?
Ashtec
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: M6LTD

Post by Ashtec »

Looking good Bob i bet it work's and sounds well in the good old Grant :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

29gd01 wrote:
koberk wrote:The NASA Apollo bleep is the daddy.
Want.
The Quindar tone does sound great all right. Cool job that board, I've seen them on YouTube videos a few times
Yep i also love the Nasa Quindar tone :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just need to find something that gives the right tone off to make a End of TX bleep ;) ;) ;) ;)

10 meters would love that :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Yeti »

Ashtec wrote:
29gd01 wrote:
Want.
The Quindar tone does sound great all right. Cool job that board, I've seen them on YouTube videos a few times

Just need to find something that gives the right tone off to make a End of TX bleep ;) ;) ;) ;)

It's easy - 2475Hz for 250ms. You can actually program a Kenwood TK709/809 to do it very easily. :)
Will the next movie in the series be The Fast and The Funeral?
Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

I Will have to look into it some time soon..........
George EI7KO
Call Sign: EI7KO

Post by George EI7KO »

Ashtec wrote:
29gd01 wrote:
Want.

I was on 10 there a couple of weeks back Paul on a 148F GTL-DX and forgot to switch off the beep. Got a load of grief from a few stations thinking I was pirating someone elses callsign :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
26AT110-Rod
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M0VMV

Post by 26AT110-Rod »

i have a brand new Electronic Monkey board, with programing lead and software. i must have bought it about 10 years ago, its never been used. if someone made me a silly offer i might be persuaded to let it go :crazy:
Tin soldier
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Tin soldier »

26AT110-Rod wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 11:47 i have a brand new Electronic Monkey board, with programing lead and software. i must have bought it about 10 years ago, its never been used. if someone made me a silly offer i might be persuaded to let it go :crazy:

Half a kitkat and a sucked humbug. ?