Young CB'ers dx-ing on the T5

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Young CB'ers dx-ing on the T5

Post by 108EH002 »

Gave someone related to me a shot of my radio who was only 6,and they had plenty confidence when shouting out on 27.555 USB = The furthest contact that they managed was into France :thumbup:

I started on AM CB in the 70's and thought I would let them have a go at dx ing aswell :o

They said my radio was good but it needed a screen for the internet = so you have something to do until people come on to talk :lol:

Dear Anytone = I am still waiting on my new SSB CB/10m homebase radio,that has a colour screen and a connection for browsing the 'net.
Last edited by 108EH002 on 14 Aug 2019, 18:08, edited 2 times in total.
Plenty are talking worldwide on 27.555 usb,
Some are too far up their own @rse to admit it,
Many happen to know otherwise dx-ing test free,
Showing a complete lack of respect for the law.

27.555 Usb
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Re: Young CB'ers dx-ing on the T5

Post by The Collector »

Ranger Professional...look it up ;)

Hasn't got the web exa tly but can display photos on its screen via an sd card , plays commercial radio and more if I recall.
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

Looked it up collector and thanks for the info.........but the screen needs to be the size of a big speaker like on an old homebase CB,as it would be better and easier to read/watch stuff on it imo.

That design is 10 years old but if the 'net is ever added to new CB radios = then who knows ?

Network radio and apps like zello are crap,as there isn't much experimenting or learning imo.

Some CB'ers don't like being told what they CAN and CAN'T do = but some folk just don't get that ;)

27.555 Usb
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Just find a tablet that's the same size as your radio's top lid, fix it on top with a hinge so it lies flat and then can be lifted up when required and Voila!, a CB radio with internet...sort of ;)
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

Used to sit the laptop on top of the Colt Excalibur SSB :thumbup:

If gps/a compass/google maps was on your mobile CB it would be a better set up to have for travel = but we have phones/and infotainment,with far BIGGER screens :lol:

If some can spend upto 8-9000 on a "good radio",how much would an Anyclone 12/10m SSB homebase CB radio,with colour screen the size of a decent smart phone/internet connection possibly cost new ?

I think £399 new if it could do 50 - 100w variable (can get a secondhand FT 450 D that does 100w) = as you can get a new 160 - 6m homebase for roughly £250 more.

27.555 Usb
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Have a word with Lord Sugar and get him to release a new extended version of the Amstrad 901 with touchscreen "infotainment" system and drinks dispenser.
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

Well maybe I might live long enough to see CB radios that can keep you occupied whilst listening to "nothing" = but I doubt it.

Hopefully someone in the far east can see the potential of a CB with internet capabilities = plenty profit as it doesn't exist at present.

How many of the younger generation like to tell "us" that the things we had years ago electronically wise are out dated = this would bring CB right upto date,and encourage many to go where they haven't been before = on air ;)

There must be many hams (and CB'ers) around the world that would like a 12/10m homebase set that can access the 'net, whilst being on air with an analogue radio at the same time ;)

COME ON THE FAR EAST MANUFACTURERS = YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE = PROFIT.

27.555 Usb
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

They can play music on ch19 whilst streaming it straight off Youtube then though lol!
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

The breakers can do that at present with a decent phone collector.

Folk can do what they want with theirs when they arrive in October 2020 here in the UK ;)

As long as I can use mine for tx-ing/rx-ing on analogue AM/FM/SSB CB and can look online at the same time = that sounds good to me.

27.555 Usb