Lincoln mk 1 values

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 45

Lincoln mk 1 values

Post by original45 »

[/quote
I've been looking now for a decent lincoln mk 1 for coming up nearly 12months and continue to do so for now
Seems values and desirability have gone silly and prices on fleebay are ridiculous often or at least over valued with none original mic faulty or without brackets so on.
] I remember watching the Jackson 1 for a while thinking they may rocket but not so unlike the Linc 1.
Why are they just so popular .
It's getting like a cult thing. I'm thinking I may just have to pay silly money just to finally own one.

Why is it, are they so collectable desirable or just so well made or perform far better to modern equivalents.

Personally I do like the simplicity from what I see ,straight blocks little fafing with switches. I do like old school too with everything also.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Re: Lincoln mk 1 values

Post by cb4ever104 »

I haven't been following the radio prices , but a bracket seems to go for about £25 . I think most people on here will have their own Lincoln already . I think I paid £100 for my boxed one . As time goes by finding a decent one will get harder, but they do still come up . Have you asked in the Wanted section on the forum ? Many people have commented over the years that they're not great radios , but that being said I find them reliable old bricks that do what they say they do .

Sammy
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

They are good radios, but I don't think they are as good as the prices they sell for.

Compared to a 360FM they are every so slightly deaf on SSB I find.

AM TX and RX is very average and they get bleedover on FM due to the MC3357 chip.

But they have all the channels, and seem reliable enough unless messed with.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by original45 »

Sammy sure have twice now but I'm sure one will surface . Their seems to be a steady flow on fleebay and have bid few tines but seems some they get pulled off I'm guessing for cash buys maybe.

Their was one local but alas had been messed with and had low power outputs or something like Nick pointed out to me on my contact to him 're this.

Seems the vfo skip is common too .
Even been searching Europe sites for sales too for a decent example.

I shall purchase a new heavy duty lead and maybe a spare mic in the next few weeks and print off a manual too .
I had seriously considered a modern equivalent as time went on and in truth it was a modern multimode I asked about but the view seemed old school ruled.
They just look far simpler to navigate too for a first ssb am fm .
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by original45 »

Simon yes we have spoke about the Linc few times and thank you for you advices in those pms . I had too considered a a 360fm ,I believe their was a model with both frequency and channel display if not a variant of the radio anyway too ?.
I even got desperate last night and tried to buy a ham international concord 2 locally to use temp as it was £35 but was mins too late on a preeloved site.
Considered a tide me over stalker also.
Their is something nice about old school radios.
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

original45 wrote: 02 May 2018, 14:43 Simon yes we have spoke about the Linc few times and thank you for you advices in those pms . I had too considered a a 360fm ,I believe their was a model with both frequency and channel display if not a variant of the radio anyway too ?.
I even got desperate last night and tried to buy a ham international concord 2 locally to use temp as it was £35 but was mins too late on a preeloved site.
Considered a tide me over stalker also.
Their is something nice about old school radios.
The 3900F is probably the closest to the 148GTL-DX you will get with a frequency counter.

The earlier ones work very well indeed and are much better than the Lincoln on AM for instance. Yes they do drift a bit but so do most radios as they warm up.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

Here you go. Not cheap but they seem to hold their values.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/superstar-3900F ... Sw5EBa0jKm
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Post by ch25 »

Personally I wouldn't pay more than £100 for any CB radio.
Lincoln agree, is a little deaf, but after some work will have 0.21 uV on AM/SSB 0.5uV on FM.
TX path also need some work, but afterwards sounds amazing.

3900F with freq meter? 3 decimal places are useless. That far most of radio users can tune by ear. It needs 5.
Chris
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by original45 »

The 390f that was the frequency display version I saw.
Not sure about his feedback though .
But the radio appeals too.
In fact it looks quite nice in style .
Is that inline with what we could expect to pay in uk for said model.
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by original45 »

3900f . Can't translate the jargon on it. It is growing on me . And not that I am into changing items from originality I read they are expandable down to 24 -29quite simply.
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

original45 wrote: 02 May 2018, 19:43 3900f . Can't translate the jargon on it. It is growing on me . And not that I am into changing items from originality I read they are expandable down to 24 -29quite simply.
Here's the translation for you. Personally I'd be wary of an ad worded like this. Too much emphasis on no returns and it's basically sold as seen. It's your choice of course, but I'd certainly have my doubts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by original45 »

Thank you. I did have my concern with his feedback stats .
I did manage to translate some of his description few words atca time but took ages .
I appreciate you taking the time to do that for me.
Thank you.
I am going to watch a few YouTube on the radio in use so on .
It yss grown on me
I get the impression they may work better than the LINC .
It is crazy though how a old radio can cost as much nearly as a modern ssb .
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

original45 wrote: 03 May 2018, 06:16 It yss grown on me
I wouldn't go jumping in and buy the first one that you see . The same radio is available rebadged as the "Galaxy Saturn" , the silver "Super Jopix 2000" . And about half a dozen more .
2000.JPG
Sammy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

And if you want that extra digit and considerable coverage there's always these.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

astradyne wrote: 03 May 2018, 15:42 And if you want that extra digit and considerable coverage there's always these.
I had one of these and it was terrible compared to the 3900F

Drift Galore, poor build quality and the FM RX audio is terrible due to the way the receiver works.

I would also avoid the Ranger Voyage version, they being a newer 3900 board also have their share of issues.

The Ronald, or earlier Galaxy Pluto would do well.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612