Quality of CB Radios compared to Ham Radios

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
Trog

Re: Quality of CB Radios compared to Ham Radios

Post by Trog »

MrWeetabix wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 08:48 if you put the guts of a high end radio inside a CB chassis then you don't have an Audi..... YOU NEED YOUR HEAD EXAMINED! :-P
I must need my head examined just posting on this forum. :crazy: :lol: :wtf: :clap:
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

Well heeled business men with time and money to play radio Craig = or on the dole drug dealers/criminals that screw the social....who have better radio set ups than the folk that actually work and had to sit 3 parts of a test,I work :lol:
Plenty are talking worldwide on 27.555 usb,
Some are too far up their own @rse to admit it,
Many happen to know otherwise dx-ing test free,
Showing a complete lack of respect for the law.

27.555 Usb
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

108EH002 wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 20:01 Well heeled business men with time and money to play radio = or on the dole drug dealers/criminals.....who have better radio set ups than the folk that actually work and had to sit 3 parts of a test :lol:
why do drug dealers have expensive ham radio set ups ?? I know they used to have analogue scanners but not yaesu radios:?
love your familly
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

Not yaesu.......are they too expensive when some have £80,000 motors likes.Its ok if you use a yaesu,I was only kidding.....they use Icom and kenwood :lol:
Plenty are talking worldwide on 27.555 usb,
Some are too far up their own @rse to admit it,
Many happen to know otherwise dx-ing test free,
Showing a complete lack of respect for the law.

27.555 Usb
Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: Viper

Post by Transwarp »

I think quality has suffered on both due to changes in origin of manufacture, component quality, build quality and such. The advancements in manufacturing technology it's all well and good but if stuff is going to be put together with lower spec components or use good spec bits but less quality assembly method then the end product will suffer because of. I think most electronics gear today is not as well made as it could be but that's just my opinion.
Champion of IBTL Christmas Edition 2023.
Champion of IBTL Autumn 2022 Edition.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Trog wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 16:56
MrWeetabix wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 08:48 if you put the guts of a high end radio inside a CB chassis then you don't have an Audi..... YOU NEED YOUR HEAD EXAMINED! :-P
I must need my head examined just posting on this forum. :crazy: :lol: :wtf: :clap:
You're in good company though, we're all nuts :lol: :shock: :crazy: :wtf: :thumbup:
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |