Cheap ebay freq counters ?

The place to talk about specific amateur radio equipment and all types of accessories, fixes, repairs and modification.
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Re: Cheap ebay freq counters ?

Post by Auldgeek »

gmham wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 20:41 To be honest don't know as have read off others having great sucuss with them so maybe just the luck off the draw but if that's two off us on here who have had no joy with these think the chances off them offering acceptable performance are pretty slim. !!
When I discovered the counter I purchased was useless, I asked for a replacement because I thought it was faulty. Instead, I was told to ship it back and they refunded my money. Seller was not interested in sending out a replacement. I wonder why? I didn't have to pay return postage either, so the cost to the seller must have been a few quid plus the refund.

I had intended to try another one at one point, as I have a little HF receiver to build that would benefit from a counter. I'm not so sue about this now. I may look around for something else.
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

As with a few of you, I was going to buy one of these pending a members review. I can safely say I now won't be.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

astradyne wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 00:01 As with a few of you, I was going to buy one of these pending a members review. I can safely say I now won't be.
Yeah, good move.

Even though they only cost a few quid, it would be a complete waste of your time.
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think: