CB Network Map(In Progress)

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
steepeljack69
Call Sign: 26SF333

Re: CB Network Map(In Progress)

Post by steepeljack69 »

Yes Dellboy your doing a great job,keep it going mate.We have the Big Net on a Wednesday's starts around 7,on 27.345 and the chair Tony 26Uk031 does a top job and many thanks to him and also Will,26WW10,too many more to mention.We had a talk about all these new radios that have been sold,where are all the owner's? Well it looks like they are all using these radio's on the various net's that are been run.Cheers to all the stations that give there time to run the net's. :thumbup:
Road_Hog
Banned
Banned

Post by Road_Hog »

Is any one here on the Northants net? I ask because I've never heard it. Northampton is exactly 30 miles as the crow flies from me, on a perfect 90 degree direction. I know it isn't exactly close, but my aerial is located on the East side, which is the direction of Northampton. Surely someone from there has a decent twig on a bit of height, that I should be able to hear, even if they couldn't hear me.

Or is everyone on the Northants net running a Fidelity 1000 4w on a DV27 biscuit tin in the loft. Or are they really all in Cambridge but have a Northants postcode.
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

steepeljack69 wrote:Yes Dellboy your doing a great job,keep it going mate.We have the Big Net on a Wednesday's starts around 7,on 27.345 and the chair Tony 26Uk031 does a top job and many thanks to him and also Will,26WW10,too many more to mention.We had a talk about all these new radios that have been sold,where are all the owner's? Well it looks like they are all using these radio's on the various net's that are been run.Cheers to all the stations that give there time to run the net's. :thumbup:
Just to check, is that the same net as I've got listed as 'the north west net' on my map?
steepeljack69

Post by steepeljack69 »

Yes and no mate!Our net is based in West Yorks but all of Yorkshire plus Cleveland all take part.I suppose between your net and the one I join in on we both cover the area between us,and I have never heard any nets in those areas,have u?
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

steepeljack69 wrote:Yes and no mate!Our net is based in West Yorks but all of Yorkshire plus Cleveland all take part.I suppose between your net and the one I join in on we both cover the area between us,and I have never heard any nets in those areas,have u?

Same frequency and same time as The North West Net? - Strange!
steepeljack69

Post by steepeljack69 »

Yes mate,believe you did break in 2 weeks ago but only 26WW10 ,Will could hear you?Will did try to get other stations to try work you.It would be great if you can hear any stations working our net and see if you can get into our net this Wednesday, I ask Will to listen out for you.
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

I'll have to drive up to a local high point and see if I can hear you all one Wednesday evening.
snaps
Regular
Regular

Post by snaps »

Brilliant. Hope to catch some of you guys while I'm back in the UK.

King Snaps.
Windy_Miller
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Windy_Miller »

Only nets up this way are found on the decks of fishing boats! :lol: I don't think there are even enough ham users to make a "net" any more. Fortunately, the CB boys and girls here (well, the old codgers at least) come on for a copy 3 times a day that keeps it going!
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

New CB Radio Network Map now available:

Link to map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... sp=sharing

Nets can be added by contacting me via Twitter: @delboyonline or via my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/delboyonline
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM953

Post by ghost123uk »

Based high up in "Mow Cop" ( https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Mow ... d-2.215955 ) a guy known as "Mr Moonraker" runs a net, usually starting at around 3.00pm, daily, on UK channel 25. It covers much of Staffordshire, Shropshire, S. Cheshire, Derbyshire, N. Midlands and even Eastern parts of Mid Wales etc. I use it often (muppet handle = "grey ghost").

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well done on doing the map :)
John, on the S. Cheshire / N. Shropshire border. 26TM953 / muppet handle "Grey ghost"
Don't just monitor, key up and talk, otherwise everyone thinks no one else is out there !!!
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

Loads of nets on the map now, if there are any more to add please let me know via Twitter @delboyonline
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM953

Post by ghost123uk »

Looking good :thumbup:

Thanks for doing this :D

The one I suggested = "Mr Moonraker's Net" is now active for much of every weekday daytime now :)
He, or one of his regulars (including myself = "Grey Ghost") are often running a net on there (UK C25) from around 10am until late afternoon. It often gets quite busy. Might be worth an edit?
John, on the S. Cheshire / N. Shropshire border. 26TM953 / muppet handle "Grey ghost"
Don't just monitor, key up and talk, otherwise everyone thinks no one else is out there !!!
delboyonline
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by delboyonline »

I'll update that soon.