Crystal Filter.

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
astradyne

Crystal Filter.

Post by astradyne »

I've had this knocking around for a while now. Just wondered if anyone could shed a bit of light on it. And would it be worth fitting it into a radio?

Filter board with 2 x 10.6950 crystals. "CB City" and "4/26/83" (date of manufacture?) are visible on the foil side.

Thanks in advance for any info :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
andrew013
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26AT013

Re: Crystal Filter.

Post by andrew013 »

active filter for cybernet radios fitted one in a nato 2000 i had once
on the fitting instructions its called "channel guard"

http://www.cbcintl.com/cgfilter.htm
http://www.cbcintl.com/docs/cghookup.htm
http://malzev.tripod.com/cb-radio/filter.htm
on air,tyne&wear,northumberland,durham,holy island,eu120+eu124 and anywhere from gateshead/north wales
scrap uk 40 give cbers L/M/Hcalling on 27.355/555 usb qsy 27.015 lsb/410 usb cb radio is for life not just for profits
i do cb radio not 11mtres,countrys worked 2015 with imax 2000 72
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

I don't think amateur radios have a 10.695MHz I.F., they tend to use 10.7 or something completely different.

They were very useful in Cybernet SSB radios back in the day, and if it was mine I'd fit it in one.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

Someone had actually put it in a Lincoln! It wasn't wired in, it was just in there stuck to the inside of the chassis with a sticky pad.

I do have a MM2 here. I may fit it into that.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
2E1IIP

Post by 2E1IIP »

It is a mickey mouse roofing filter, it should replace the 10.695MHz Toko tuned circuit can in the first I.F stage before the SSB Filter.
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM953

Post by ghost123uk »

I too had a Nato 2000 with one of those fitted, also a Stalker 20 homebase likewise. They do the job, but can be less useful on Fm, as in, if a signal being received is a even just a bit of frequency, the filter is so tight that one needs to be constantly twiddling with the RX fine tune. Even an fm station that is over deviating can go outside the filters bandwidth, making it sound even worse. I think their main use was in the days when bleedover from lots of strong local stations was a problem.
John, on the S. Cheshire / N. Shropshire border. 26TM953 / muppet handle "Grey ghost"
Don't just monitor, key up and talk, otherwise everyone thinks no one else is out there !!!