446Muppets FRN server, now with added Zello!

A place to discuss internet linking of radio equipment, such as eQSO, FRN, iRLP, Echolink, and other such systems.
Mad4radio

Re: 446Muppets FRN server, now with added Zello!

Postby Mad4radio » 06 Jan 2017, 16:51

drop us a message once you have It Installed again & we will send you some details across dude

nay27uk

Postby nay27uk » 07 Jan 2017, 02:34

Mad4radio wrote:drop us a message once you have It Installed again & we will send you some details across dude

Yeah the problem is I don't know where I first read about it, it was like FRN but using TeamSpeak
26-TM-1995

Realistic Pro 2006
Panasonic DR28-LBE
Baofeng UV5R+
RTL-SDR 100 KHz - 2.0 GHz V-UHF/HF

radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Postby radiosification » 07 Jan 2017, 22:15

nay27uk wrote:I wonder if I can RE transmit a Local PMR channel that already has a business working on it that is busy from 9am until well after 8 pm this is all new to me so I don't know what the legalities are of this FRN thing but from what I have read so far it is just like a repeater kind of thing, Maybe other folk would be interested in listening to a shop.

I know I'm a bit late on this but I thought I'd answer this. FRN is not really for that type of thing. It's more for connecting to a radio that can transmit and receive, so people who actually want to chat can do so with other people over the internet using just their radio. It's essentially meant to be a gateway.
If you're interested in digital, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification

stanogs68
Top Poster
Top Poster

Postby stanogs68 » 07 Jan 2017, 23:58

i love radio too but if your antenna wont reach it lets you listen
computers mess with my brain !

nay27uk

Postby nay27uk » 08 Jan 2017, 01:26

radiosification wrote:
nay27uk wrote:I wonder if I can RE transmit a Local PMR channel that already has a business working on it that is busy from 9am until well after 8 pm this is all new to me so I don't know what the legalities are of this FRN thing but from what I have read so far it is just like a repeater kind of thing, Maybe other folk would be interested in listening to a shop.

I know I'm a bit late on this but I thought I'd answer this. FRN is not really for that type of thing. It's more for connecting to a radio that can transmit and receive, so people who actually want to chat can do so with other people over the internet using just their radio. It's essentially meant to be a gateway.

Yeah I get that and my radio is quite capable of both TX and RX, what I was saying is that I have 3 main channels that are very active here on PMR446 Ch 1, 2 and 3 they all have a business running on them (infact channels 1 through 5 all have business running on them) I can even set the CTCSS and DCSS tones and communicate with all of those businesses on all the channels ,I have had Radio Checks from all 5.
26-TM-1995

Realistic Pro 2006
Panasonic DR28-LBE
Baofeng UV5R+
RTL-SDR 100 KHz - 2.0 GHz V-UHF/HF

stanogs68
Top Poster
Top Poster

Postby stanogs68 » 08 Jan 2017, 01:37

nay ive a new one taxis and pagers thee great mate
computers mess with my brain !

radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Postby radiosification » 09 Jan 2017, 19:47

nay27uk wrote:Yeah I get that and my radio is quite capable of both TX and RX, what I was saying is that I have 3 main channels that are very active here on PMR446 Ch 1, 2 and 3 they all have a business running on them (infact channels 1 through 5 all have business running on them) I can even set the CTCSS and DCSS tones and communicate with all of those businesses on all the channels ,I have had Radio Checks from all 5.

Yes but if they're trying to use their radios to conduct business then they probably don't want to chat with random people from the internet. That's the point I was trying to make.
If you're interested in digital, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification

Return to “Gateway (Internet) Linking”