446Muppets FRN server, now with added Zello!

A place to discuss internet linking of radio equipment, such as eQSO, FRN, iRLP, Echolink, and other such systems.
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: 446Muppets FRN server, now with added Zello!

Post by nay27uk »

Can't find FRN 446Muppets in the room list or manually adding it. Where is it?
M6LIG / 2E0LIG / 26TM1995

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
YAESU FT-857D - Watson W50 - HF-SE-360
Malahit SDR - Ground Loop
Panasonic DR28-LBE
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

nay27uk wrote:Can't find FRN 446Muppets in the room list or manually adding it. Where is it?
It was nearly 4 years ago, people lose interest, I've sat in a 'room' for weeks on end and no one else has come in.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

Apparently one of the elders spat the dummy out & so went the separate way's hence the reason why the plug was pulled on the muppets server, That's what was heard on the grape vine, Wesley's server seems the best bet now for the Uk & he's farily welcoming as well as takes the time to participate In chit chats rather than just sitting on the side lines
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

Admiral wrote:
nay27uk wrote:Can't find FRN 446Muppets in the room list or manually adding it. Where is it?
It was nearly 4 years ago, people lose interest, I've sat in a 'room' for weeks on end and no one else has come in.
Oh thanks Admiral I was having a nice shortish QSO on it erler in another room with another TM1 member called John.
Nice guy but I had to cut it short and go QRT as the other half turned up, I will be trying it out again tomorrow and may look into setting a node up.
Last edited by nay27uk on 05 Jan 2017, 20:10, edited 3 times in total.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Re:FRN server, now with added Zello!

Post by stanogs68 »

i have zello on my phone ,i like it i get live streams of fm were ever i want ! of my mate marc :thumbup:
love your familly
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Re:FRN server, now with added Zello!

Post by nay27uk »

stanogs68 wrote:i have zello on my phone ,i like it i get live streams of fm were ever i want ! of my mate marc :thumbup:
I recall reading something about zello somewhere but that's for one of those horrible apple things as far as I am aware.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Re:FRN server, now with added Zello!

Post by nay27uk »

stanogs68 wrote:i have zello on my phone ,i like it i get live streams of fm were ever i want ! of my mate marc :thumbup:
I recall reading something about zello somewhere but that's for one of those horrible apple things as far as I am aware. :lol: you know them phones made by that company that don't have a clue what a back button is.
Last edited by nay27uk on 05 Jan 2017, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

my phone is android and i have it on my computer
love your familly
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

stanogs68 wrote:my phone is android and i have it on my computer
Oh cool I will have a look at that later Stan, thought it was an apple thing mate.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

no just google zello the apps there
love your familly
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

Mad4radio wrote:Apparently one of the elders spat the dummy out & so went the separate way's hence the reason why the plug was pulled on the muppets server, That's what was heard on the grape vine, Wesley's server seems the best bet now for the Uk & he's farily welcoming as well as takes the time to participate In chit chats rather than just sitting on the side lines
Would that be WEZ 26-TM-144?
If so then that is the room I had a rather nice but short QSO earlier today on with John, I think the room is called 001english-eu.ddns.net

I like that room.

Now to find out how the heck I connect my radio to it, from the looks of it on the FRN site I have to read a schematic and then build my own circuit board and then try and find the proper cables for my radio to connect to the PCB and from the PCB to the Computer's SC.

I wonder if I can RE transmit a Local PMR channel that already has a business working on it that is busy from 9am until well after 8 pm this is all new to me so I don't know what the legalities are of this FRN thing but from what I have read so far it is just like a repeater kind of thing, Maybe other folk would be interested in listening to a shop.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

That will be wesley's room alright!! They's a couple of John's on that server so It's easliy confusing when calling a particular John & the other comes back to you, But everyone linked Into that server are very much decent blokes & can hold a half decent QSO.

Linking a radio upto FRN & the rest such as echolink, Eqso, Zello, & many others Is a fairly straight forward process although a comport keyer Is needed to control the radio's PTT upon detection of audio from voice within the server will then trigger your radio's PTT & voice to be transmitted out. Alot of folk tend to buy M0AQC's Interface which Is very cost effective as your not raiding the piggy bank for a ZLP etc which Is pretty much double the price but does the exact same job & works superb.

I've found zello & others to lag so much & especially the voice quality Is somewhat poor & times having to wait around 5 minutes to for the other participant to come back to me hence why there's a much better platform out they called teamspeak which offers full duplex capabilities & the voice quality Is fantastic especially when running a node/link/gateway via the application offers so much more than any of the others, Running a server & linking my DMR rptrs & links Into the secure VOIP server for over 3 years now TS has performed exceptional even In locations where my links/rptrs have an RF blackspot I've been able to log onto the VOIP server from my smartphone & maintain communications with others as If I was still operating via my DMR handheld
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

@Mad4radio Yeah I did have the TeamSpeak one installed temporarily (I forget what it was called now but it used teamspeak) I had it on about 2 days and used it once and have uninstalled it as it seemed not a lot was happening.

Maybe I should have another dable if I can remember what it was called (stumbled across it on a thread here somewhere)

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

Probably sussex downs as they too run a teamspeak one & yes your right that they Is nothing really doing, Its quite, The one I run has a small community of friends on which has been running for a little over 3 years now & all have the same Interest In DMR or Tetra hence the reason why the server Is digitally related without the pressure of forcing anyone to join us or seek at putting a link online!! Although I welcome anyone onto the system..... Its the end users preference at the end of the day, If they want to take part then feel free If not they's no pressure.
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

No sounds cool mate if you can PM me the details

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE