Win radio for pc

A place to discuss the HF and Shortwave listening side of the radio hobby. Discuss equipment, frequencies and antenna systems etc. Anything HF!
Laidbackelevenmeters
Call Sign: 9tm003

Win radio for pc

Post by Laidbackelevenmeters »

Would like to know if it is strong and good enough for dxing pirate radio stations
Turbo

Re: Win radio for pc

Post by Turbo »

Hi i got a few hf receivers that run on pc ten tec,winradio and also had from country cross wireless,elad,rf space also got a winradio they do an okay job not as good as a stand alone hf receiver like an icom-r75,palstar-r30,ten tec 350d which can cop with strong signals while others on pc will overload very easy main intrest for me is monitoring aircraft world wide on hf and i have tried to rely on receivers that run on pc but never been happy with the out come for example my location is australia can hear shannon aero very clear on my stand alone receivers but on the pc its hardly audioable and as for antennas i do have wellbrook active loops which do an okay job but my pk loops dipoles work excellent.

Regards Lino.
Andy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Win radio for pc

Post by Andy »

I recently bought a used WRG305e and I find it performs extremely well. It's very close to my posh AR5001 and about the same or a little better than my SDRPlay. All are fed from my Wellbrook 1530. The software is well-sorted too, no crashes or glitches.
This morning I heard SAQ on 17.2 KHz and it was a little clearer on the Winradio than it was on the SDRPlay, but there's not a lot in it. The only downside of the Winrad is that it doesn't provide the spectrum and waterfall outputs of more modern SDR's.
'SOMEONE GET ME A SAW!'
Andy.