DSD-S**t Sorry I mean DSD+

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

DSD-S**t Sorry I mean DSD+

Post by nay27uk »

Right I am having nothing but problems with my RTL-SDR piece of ****.

It is all installed fantastic that is not the problem FM radio etc works fine and just to point out YES I DID RUN zdig and replace the driver with the winusb one (so do not ask).

I cant have any outside antennae here "WHATSOEVER" so I am using a sandpiper 20 - 1300Mhz whip mounted on top of my cooker and going through a 34Db TV, DTV, DAB, FM PreAmp.

I cant for the life of me get this ****, Crap, flipping DSD+ crap to decode any Digital DRM Audio.

Been trying for the last 2 weeks now to get this **** working and I am now livid and about to stamp on the **** piece of **** dongle.

Got good DMR+ signals but it just will not output the audio.

I will add some pictures of my software setup up to now.
I have got as close to decoding DMR+ Voice as I can.

Knowing a lot about computers having built my own since 1995 I do think that there is something very wrong with VCable as it is putting in the windows sound properties "FOR RECORDING" device it is placing the "CABLE OUTPUT" Should this not be "CABLE INPUT" for a recording device?

Also in the windows sound properties "FOR PLAYBACK" device it is placing the "CABLE INPUT" Should this not be "CABLE OUTPUT" for a playback device? (NOTE that my sound card speakers are set as the default output device here and not as the "CABLE INPUT" that as I believe should say "CABLE OUTPUT").

I have already tried changing all of the inputs and outputs in SDR# as well adjusting all of the volumes in both DSD+ and In SDR# and in the DSD+ plugin but I still get **** all audio, bar the horrible **** farting sound of +DMR frequency.

Can anyone help PLEASE and sorry for the swearing but I am pissed off been **** with this **** for the last 3 weeks now and still no **** nDMR audio.

Changed Antennas, Put the antenna out the Window, Tried everything now and I think it is down to the fact that the VCable is being placed WRONG as output and input in windows 10-64bit, Input should be "Recording Devices Cable Input" and the Playback device should be "CABLE OUTPUT" instead of **** "CABLE INPUT" big problem with DSD+

I will add some screen shots in a mo of my setup both in windows 10-64 and in SDR# as well as the sound settings ect I have got where I am very close. I even uninstalled everything and started again because of this ****.
M6LIG / 2E0LIG / 26TM1995

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
YAESU FT-857D - Watson W50 - HF-SE-360
Malahit SDR - Ground Loop
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: DSD-S**t Sorry I mean DSD+

Post by nay27uk »

I will post ScreenShots in a little bit but believe me I have been a tutor of computers since 2009 so I know how to set **** up, I think that it is DSD+ placing the Inputs and Outputs WRONG. This one is beyond me.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

If you can hear the DMR 'farting' sound through your speakers then you have an issue.

I use HDSDR, this is how my in/out config looks.

rtl.PNG

RX input(from radio) the 'radio' being HDSDR, is the VB cable, and RX out is to my computer speakers. Simple.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

OK hold on let me post some pics mate and I apreciate the help on this but like I said I have tried everything now

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

OK here is my Playback Device as listed in Windows (sure the top one should say "CABLE OUTPUT" for an output device) plus the sound volumes I have got the closest to decoding anything with are also included here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

OK here is in windows what is listed as the RECORDING DEVICE and is set as default (Surely this should say CABLE INPUT and not CABLE OUTPUT)

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

Curent SDR# setting coming up

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

Here is the current Radio Settings as well as a strong +DRM signal

NOTE I have already played around with the Bandwidth and the Order whatever that crap is but to no avail

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

This is a screenshot in SDR# Of my Input (I cant change this on a RTL-SDR) and the output that you can see is set to (MME Cable Input Virtual C)

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

on the picture on the above post the settings I have are as the image bellow
Because I cant change the input of the RTL-SDR from what I posted above I went with the same setting for the output but this time I selected [MME] Cable Input (VB-Audio Virtual C

Notice not trailing )

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

In the DSD+ Plugin Interface I chose [MME] Speakers (VIA HD AUDIO (WIN 10)) the [MME] Is keeping in tally with the above selections.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

HERE you go I found the screen shot from earlier where someone said to main office in as text that the job was a good one I.E finished.
So why can't I hear any VOICE from DSD+ I still think it is to do with VB Cable placing the Inputs and Outputs WRONG.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Re: DSD-Sh**t Sorry I mean DSD+

Post by Admiral »

I don't use SDR#, but if you can hear DMR motorboat through the speakers then you ain't porting the SDR# output through the VB cable, if you're just worried about bandwidth then you can set it to WFM to get started, you'll see a load of data scrolling on DSD+, you've set the VB as default which is good, so dunno mate, you could give HDSDR a quick bash to see if that works for you.
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

Also to add to this I have also played around with the bandwidths before you say it.
I even tried WFM as described on the internet on many forums and many from many members here that have said to do but still no joi.

I still think that it is VB Cable placing the Inputs and Outputs wrongly why so many of us are having problems.

An Input is an Input like a MIC for example so that MIC should not be the OUTPUT and vice versa

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

It is very simple, output of radio (SDR# etc) to VB input, VB output to puter speakers.