warrington shop/pub watch no more

Scanning radio frequencies for the North West
jhampton2000

Re: warrington shop/pub watch no more

Post by jhampton2000 »

moj wrote:Thanks for that jim , next question is do we know yet if the whistler range has the same feature with scanning ras enabled transmissions or is it only the unidens that can do this ?
I've been investigating. Not speaking from first hand experience, but my understanding from colleagues across the pond is that it cannot decode RAS-enabled systems in scan mode, and definitely not trunk track a RAS-enabled CAP+ system. It can decode RAS if the scanner is sat on a specific frequency. Seems like it has some catching up to do vs. where Uniden is.
moj

Post by moj »

I wonder if any uk dealers are considering selling the uniden digital scanners then like the whistler range that has appeared here in the uk , would be a cheaper option for us users instead of buying from the states , fingers crossed anyway jim :)
Carlos
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: mm12

Post by Carlos »

Hi found a couple of posts on this, whats the best way to recieve? SDR or a DMR radio? or an expensive scanner?
DuncanM

Post by DuncanM »

A laptop can be expensive and doesnt fit inside a jacket pocket or clip to your belt well. Warrington shops and pubs were still on dmr 3 weeks ago, I'll be there tomorrow and listen out for them. The shopping centres there I think are downfire which means they dont transmit over any real distance just more or less within the shopping centre
DuncanM

Post by DuncanM »

Warrington shops and pubwatch still clear on dmr