CRT9900 Anytone AT6666

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
astradyne

Re: CRT9900 Anytone AT6666

Post by astradyne »

dt307 wrote:What worked for me was
Set the max power inside to 10w fm and 18w ssb
This is a good solution and works well in two areas. It runs the radio cooler with less strain on the outputs which are fragile enough. Plus perfect, like you say, for running a linear without overdriving it.

But buying brand new the chances are it will come with warranty seals attached. So it would depend on the OP's desire to break the seals and invalidate the warranty. Especially as, unlike the 5555's etc, the 135's and 6666's can be programmed via a USB connector on the back so there's no genuine reason to take the lids off.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
battlestarone
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: gm7jds

Post by battlestarone »

had my at-6666n a few weeks,,,keep the am/fm power down,,,the fm audio is a little flat on response,,ssb and am are good and loud just fm sound flat and dull,changing mic or mic insert may cure,i found the rx agc a little fast and strong signal can sound a bit over the top and distort,turning back the rf gain helps,but i have heard that newer production run have cured this with a agc mod,,,does any one know what the agc mod is.

nice little heatsink handles heat well,outputs are pretty much cheap to buy,but like i say keep fm/am power down,,,varios menu functions for setting radio up and there is pc software,,,i got the radio for 10mtr use and it serves the job very well,good rx apart from agc,,,,other tha that good bang for your buck,,,would by another,,,great radio.
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM953

Post by ghost123uk »

I'm looking for a new radio too.

I would buy one of these, except, I do use the UK40 a lot whilst driving, and I don't want to be having to get the frequency chart out every time someone says please QSY to channel 34 or whatever :roll: I know, I'm a right Muppet at times!!
John, on the S. Cheshire / N. Shropshire border. 26TM953 / muppet handle "Grey ghost"
Don't just monitor, key up and talk, otherwise everyone thinks no one else is out there !!!
mof000
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mof000 »

You can program it with the UK channels. Some sellers will do this for you.
I'll pay whatever i think it's worth...:-)
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk »

mof000 wrote:You can program it with the UK channels.
Ooooo, that's good to know :) (and I'm thinking I might be able to figure out "how to" from the software).

Thanks for the info :thumbup:
John, on the S. Cheshire / N. Shropshire border. 26TM953 / muppet handle "Grey ghost"
Don't just monitor, key up and talk, otherwise everyone thinks no one else is out there !!!
mof000
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mof000 »

The AGC on mine is spot on.
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk »

ghost123uk wrote:
mof000 wrote:You can program it with the UK channels.
Ooooo, that's good to know :) (and I'm thinking I might be able to figure out "how to" from the software).

Thanks for the info :thumbup:
Looks like I will have to find out about this as my "best offer" on EBay was accepted and my AT6666 is on its way to me, complete with programming cable :)

First job will likely be to find out which vr controls the rf out to, turn it down.
mof000
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mof000 »

it's a doddle to use! I'm hopeless with instructions but found this a breeze to use.
Just turn the power down on FM for long overs.
I didn't bother to program mine as felt no need to.
I also own the Alinco dr 135 and much prefer the AT6666.
I hope you get on with your new purchase!
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk »

mof000 wrote:it's a doddle to use! I'm hopeless with instructions but found this a breeze to use.
Good to know Image
mof000 wrote:Just turn the power down on FM for long overs.
I plan on finding the internal vr(s) to avoid accidentally over driving my (also new) Amp ;)
Using my amp means I can and should set the set to 4W and 12W for ssb, thereby keeping it nice and cool in the enclosed(ish) space that I wish / hope I can fit it in.
mof000 wrote:I didn't bother to program mine as felt no need to
Oh, I will be programming mine. It comes with the lead and I'm a bugger for staying up far too late, figuring it out, and then tweaking everything "just so" :roll:
For example, I want a 0 to 40 readout for the UK and CEPT blocks.
mof000 wrote:I hope you get on with your new purchase!
So do I 8) But I am concerned about physically fitting it in the car.
If it ends up as my Homebase set, then I will have to find a Magnum 257 (a bit less deep) for the car and then the Stalker 9FDX would have to go, and I really don't want to sell that. Or if it just won't fit neatly anywhere in the car, then I might even sell it on. Decisions Decisions ! Nah, I'll fit it in somehow!!
mof000
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mof000 »

I wouldn't be able to bring myself to sell my Stalker 9fdx!
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

I have a Magnum 257 which I could be persuaded to part with. It is the non hp version with shallower heatsink.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
rabbiporkchop
Regular
Regular

Post by rabbiporkchop »

I just got a couple of the Anytone at-6666 radios and they are both modified for wider frequency response and better receiver sensitivity and I really like them.
I've noticed a bunch of guys experimenting with fancy microphones trying to get better Fidelity out of them and mine sounds quite nice with the stock microphone but the radio was heavily modified to get this sound out of it.
https://youtu.be/c_P2RbL3F1k