Any info Electronica 360?

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
thoroughbreed27
Regular
Regular

Any info Electronica 360?

Post by thoroughbreed27 »

Hi
Just brought one of these for only £2 it has a sticker on the top saying "Audio IC Missing" and when i looked inside it is. I would love to fire the old gal up but apart from a couple of youtube vids not much info out there. Anyone familiar with this radio and have a schematic at all so i can see what chip i need to get.
It isalso missing a little rectangular perspex cover that goes over the cluster of leds that light depending which band your on.
Hope someone can help?
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: Any info Electronica 360?

Post by Admiral »

It looks remarkably similar to a Colonel FR360, STAG 357 and a WKS1001, so I would refine your searches to those more popular models for info.
Last edited by Admiral on 24 May 2016, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Hi .

I see them quite often over here . They're also badged as Intec , Palomar and some other ones I think .

http://www.museo-cb.com/museo-cb/emisor ... onica-360/

I've never bought one , so I can't help with the parts , but you might find the schematic searching on one of the above models .

Sammy
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
lbcomms
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by lbcomms »

Very similar to the Intek 120 sold here in Oz a long time ago (90's?)

Audio IC is a UPC1156H if that's the case:

It's possible to rewire a common TDA1020 IC in there (the UPC1156 chips are a bit hard to come by down here), but that's a job best left for an expert. Other chips may be adaptable too, but we've only done a couple using 1020s as that's what we had on hand at the time.

If you want, I can upload the full schematic somewhere, and see if I can find the mod details to use the 1020...
thoroughbreed27
Regular
Regular

Thankyou for all the posts, will search for the other makes and see what it turns up. If it shows the upc chip then be handy to know the mod.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

As it is a two quid set you may want to have some fun with it, I had a Colonel FR360 and ripped out the channel selector and used manual switches for binary adding and taking away, I had it covering virtually the whole 10m band and it worked a treat, I used it for about three years before it died and went in the bin. It sounds a kerfuffle using manual switches, but it soon becomes second nature and sharpens up your mental binary skills.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
koberk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by koberk »

Some extra info here; https://gofile.me/6oNVR/mTZjadCR
K
thoroughbreed27
Regular
Regular

Hi
I stumbled across a link to a mod on here where you could fit a TA7205 audio IC instead of the UPH one. I copied and pasted the url but ehen trying to use it ir says i cant do that, have tried searching again , even on here but probaly using wrong search term but cant find the details -anyone know the page i am on about
Daviken
New User
New User
Call Sign: 14HAM01

Post by Daviken »

Hello there

More information with this link :
http://ham-international.nuxit.net/Elec ... ectron.htm

Daviken