Has AWY Been Kidnapped?

Use this section to discuss Digital Amateur Radio operations, such as D-Star and other digitally-encoded traffic
sierra_za
Regular
Regular

Re: Has AWY Been Kidnapped?

Post by sierra_za »

uk197 wrote:No he's not my mate
:lol: :clap:
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

uk197 wrote:
LeakyFeeder wrote:Well my local DMR box and several analogue boxes have been switched off due to abuse being thrown at the repeater keeper...
Reading the nonsense on FaceFarce there appears to be just three mouth pieces doling out the abuse... One is a full G from Sharlston nr Wakefield..he appears to.be the senior gobsh-te......one a ferret faced, mickey mouse call sign from Bradistan BD4/10? and the other runs a shop...not sure if he is licenced or jus jumping on the repeater keeper bashing bandwagon...

If im honest i no longer give a rats ass about DMR and all.its waltish posturing by the trio of weazles...What does pi$$ me royally is that my local analogue boxes have been pulled in the fallout the above three have caused...
At the mo i feel like waiting for the senior gobsh-te when i know hes on his way home and me an him having a 'chat'.... Cant imagine him being quite so forthcoming with the comments then eh
These three are waaaaay out of control n need pruning
I don't run a 'shop'

Please show me where I've bashed a repeater keeper?

Please as for the other comment about being drippy?! Have you even met me?

Yes Colin says it how it is but why are people getting so upset about Facebook?! It's Facebook don't cry over it
And you are reckoning to be ?
JohnB57
Call Sign: G0SJB

Post by JohnB57 »

Dodgey Dave wrote:I'd love to know what XCC classes as abuse? BIG difference between criticism and abuse?
All the people are being steered towards pointing the finger at certain users missing the FACT there is only 1 person responsible for turning the repeaters off and that is G1XCC.
He didn't adhere to his bold statement/letter when GB3YW was being abused by keying, swearing and general nuisance so how is this situation he has stated worse????
He wants to control DMR and whatever system his repeaters are on be it phoenix or BM. With daft ideas like making all slots user activated you may as well turn off the whole system...
My understanding of out hobby is to create activity and make contacts with fellow amateurs who have the same interest. So why set up a network to do that then stop it when there is activity on it???
You people in support of repeater keepers that pull stunts like this one that if again something goes on that they don't like or agree with is it going to be that the repeaters get switched off everytime? ? Fear tactics???
Just out of interest, what positive contribution have you ever made to the hobby of amateur radio?

Have you ever donated anything, either financially or in any other meaningful way, to a repeater group?

Do you know the cost of buying, installing and maintaining one repeater, let alone the seven that G1XCC is responsible for?

If the answers to the above questions are all negative, I suggest you release the stopper from your rear end, take a long hard look at yourself and try your best to stick to the facts you seem so anxious that others focus on rather than the guff you're currently spouting. You seem to think you have a god given right to continuous, unconditional use of the group's repeaters. Perhaps a positive contribution might go some way to earning you that.
Dodgey Dave
Regular
Regular

Post by Dodgey Dave »

JohnB57 wrote:
Dodgey Dave wrote:I'd love to know what XCC classes as abuse? BIG difference between criticism and abuse?
All the people are being steered towards pointing the finger at certain users missing the FACT there is only 1 person responsible for turning the repeaters off and that is G1XCC.
He didn't adhere to his bold statement/letter when GB3YW was being abused by keying, swearing and general nuisance so how is this situation he has stated worse????
He wants to control DMR and whatever system his repeaters are on be it phoenix or BM. With daft ideas like making all slots user activated you may as well turn off the whole system...
My understanding of out hobby is to create activity and make contacts with fellow amateurs who have the same interest. So why set up a network to do that then stop it when there is activity on it???
You people in support of repeater keepers that pull stunts like this one that if again something goes on that they don't like or agree with is it going to be that the repeaters get switched off everytime? ? Fear tactics???
Just out of interest, what positive contribution have you ever made to the hobby of amateur radio?

Have you ever donated anything, either financially or in any other meaningful way, to a repeater group?

Do you know the cost of buying, installing and maintaining one repeater, let alone the seven that G1XCC is responsible for?

If the answers to the above questions are all negative, I suggest you release the stopper from your rear end, take a long hard look at yourself and try your best to stick to the facts you seem so anxious that others focus on rather than the guff you're currently spouting. You seem to think you have a god given right to continuous, unconditional use of the group's repeaters. Perhaps a positive contribution might go some way to earning you that.
Answer this question then!

Do you know me or who I am??
If the answer to that is no which my guess would be the odvious answer how can you know what I have contributed to the hobby??
Groups repeaters??
Fact is exactly what I wrote originally and my positive contribution is that if a keeper cannot take criticism be it constructive or not to his liking maybe he/she shouldn't put on the service in the 1st place.. Not everyone has the same views that's what makes us individuals but taking others ideas/opinions on board wouldn't hurt rather than take offence!
MotoTrbo
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by MotoTrbo »

Well good afternoon group G1YPQ here as the FB group has been shut down by Adam here I am to answer any questions you may have. Still looking for evidence of personal attack and abuse on air. I'm sure you have seen the keepers statement most likely re written by John. But asking people to pass on information that might help ? As John will confirm TD was sold to the keeper by me at cost price, along with a lot of new equipment all at cost price donated an expensive antenna and donated to him generously. A long with the loan and help with testing before TD even came on air. I have several months ago written to the keeper holding out an olive branch with our past DMR indifferences, he confirmed that he had received it some two months later but too busy to reply. The keeper and FYS have been observed blocking the Monday evening net on purpose as they have vocally displayed how against it they are. Also only this Easter weekend they where on site testing GB3YW in dual mode DMR with no NOV......The keeper has had ample opportunity to contact me as he has all my details but I have heard nothing, I'm on air frequently and nobody has spoken to me apart from the usual 235 police comments. Anyway looking forward to the cooling off period and chatting to you all soon when the repeaters are all back on Regards G1YPQ...
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Welcome to TM1 G1YPQ, we welcome the chance to hear from your side of this matter.

If all members could be cordial and adhere to the forum rules, then we can hopefully clear some things up. Thanks
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

And a warm TM1 welcome from me too MotoTrbo.

As a DMR noob I hope to learn a few things from guys such as yourself. I've been chewing the rag for many years, but just dipping my toe into DMR.

Civil discussion of the politics of DMR MARC is welcome here, but any over spill from the FB venue will be frowned upon by MrWeetabix and co.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
M6UCW
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 2E0UCW
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UB7 Greater London)

Post by M6UCW »

This is going to be interesting. All we need now is for Colin M3CJC to join the party. Glad to hear that the DMR for the UK Facebook Group is now closed. It served the hobby and DMR no good.
Winner of the amazing In before the lock game 16/07/14
uk197
Regular
Regular

Post by uk197 »

Chris, don't get mad, didn't you get banned from the Facebook group?
M6UCW
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 2E0UCW
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UB7 Greater London)

Post by M6UCW »

Why would I get mad Adam?

And you should know about the Facebook group - you and Karl were Admins so it was one of you that banned me.

Still not sure why but maybe I wasn't giving you guys (including Colin) enough fun despite all the insults and threats that were posted against me (and several others).

I'm still trying to figure out what "pleasure" the three of you got from that group.
Winner of the amazing In before the lock game 16/07/14
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Yeah, we'll stop this right here.

Facebook Group issues need not spill out on here please.

THREAD LOCKED
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |