York scanning

Scanning radio frequencies in Yorkshire & Lincolnshire
Excalibur
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: York scanning

Post by Excalibur »

phillowe wrote:York Rescue Boat are on digital im not sure if its DMR or tetra more than likey DMR i cant remember if it was VHF Or UHF .... i asked them and they told me but cant remember
That sounds strange. I assume they will be on VHF I will take a listen.
phillowe
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M6PHV

Post by phillowe »

Excalibur wrote:
phillowe wrote:York Rescue Boat are on digital im not sure if its DMR or tetra more than likey DMR i cant remember if it was VHF Or UHF .... i asked them and they told me but cant remember
That sounds strange. I assume they will be on VHF I will take a listen.
Yeh that's what I thought but yeh they are on Digital when I asked
Radioshane
Call Sign: Shanesradio

Post by Radioshane »

I heard it on marine channel 16 a while ago tho
it was in the press a wee while ago that they wanted access to York storenet
MM42
Regular
Regular

Post by MM42 »

I'm lead coxswain for York Rescue Boat, saw us mentioned and thought I'd pop in and say hello.

We do indeed use DMR for team comms. We've got a fixed DSC VHF set on our boat and a few of us have our own handheld marine VHF sets but very few boat users on the Ouse use marine VHF so they tend to be only used very rarely, and as a backup.

Hope this helps.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Thanks for the input MM42. Appreciate it :-)
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
neil57uk1

Post by neil57uk1 »

Yes thank you MM42 for your involvement in a much appreciated rescue service and for your post.

Marine Ch.06 is listed as the channel for the Ouse but think it is hardly used although Naburn lock is on 74.

Would be interested to know if rescues are coordinated by Humber CG on 16 and 0 or the local police. Would also be interested to know if YRB operations are restricted to to City centre or the complete navigable length of the Ouse.

Thanks again.
MM42
Regular
Regular

Post by MM42 »

We've a memorandum of understanding in place with the Fire and Rescue Service as they have a boat on the river too. They could indeed call the CG for air cover if a job demanded it.

We keep a listening watch on the main marine channels for the Ouse, 6 and 16 but, particularly as we're mainly out at night, we very very very infrequently hear any traffic on it.

We could do down as far as Naburn and right upstream of York but our main operating area is Clifton Bridge to Millennium Bridge with an inner area of Scarborough Bridge to Skeldergate as that is where we get most of our jobs of an evening, the hotspots being Kings Staith and Lendal Bridges to date.
neil57uk1

Post by neil57uk1 »

Thanks for clarifying that.

I can well imagine that you will be busiest near to the City Centre pubs on a summer Friday or Saturday evenings.
MM42
Regular
Regular

Post by MM42 »

It can certainly get a bit lively and we see all human life!

Feel free to pop down and say hello if you're around, we're on Queens Staith of an evening.
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Heard the rescue boat on 156.725 talking to Naburn this aft...i was sat on Leeman Rd
MM42
Regular
Regular

Post by MM42 »

LeakyFeeder wrote:Heard the rescue boat on 156.725 talking to Naburn this aft...i was sat on Leeman Rd
Not us that one I'm afraid, we weren't out.
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Was it something to do with boat that engine probs then? Cud only hear one side of the convo for most of the time.. I was sat in the mail building couple of floors up
MM42
Regular
Regular

Post by MM42 »

LeakyFeeder wrote:Was it something to do with boat that engine probs then? Cud only hear one side of the convo for most of the time.. I was sat in the mail building couple of floors up
Afraid not, as I say we weren't out yesterday.
Excalibur
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Excalibur »

MM42 wrote:
LeakyFeeder wrote:Was it something to do with boat that engine probs then? Cud only hear one side of the convo for most of the time.. I was sat in the mail building couple of floors up
Afraid not, as I say we weren't out yesterday.
Is your DMR system on VHF or UHF?
MM42
Regular
Regular

Post by MM42 »

Vhf.