11m Homebrew Dipole

Do you enjoy making your own equipment or antennas? Discuss construction and design in here.
bigpimp347
Registered New User
Registered New User

Re: 11m Homebrew Dipole

Post by bigpimp347 »

just a simple test,
turn off the house mains and run the radio on a battery, see if the noise goes..!!

will prove if it's in the house or not, then you can turn on each RCD until it comes back to narrow it down,
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andymuza »

bigpimp347 wrote:just a simple test,
turn off the house mains and run the radio on a battery, see if the noise goes..!!

will prove if it's in the house or not, then you can turn on each RCD until it comes back to narrow it down,

That's what I did a few years ago. Found my noise to be coming from a TV PSU.
I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled.
n+1 the formula for working out how many radios you need with n being the current amount.
JohnnyLarge
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M6JWG

Post by JohnnyLarge »

I've turned off the power in my house and run the radio from a battery. The crud level dropped a fair bit. Looking under the insulation reveals loads of electric cabling from when the house was rewired. I'm obviously getting interference down the coax after my choke and to my radio. I've no doubt there is some other stuff from external sources too.
On the plus side, I got an acknowledgement from Nova Scotia and a s9 r5 from Italy today. The antenna obviously works.

John
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the unswerving obedience of fools.