Pagers

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
crusty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crusty »

skwales100 wrote:Well, I would but not got the gutts too. They might be a bit erm thing with it. Not sure how to word it.
Fez, behave lol. Skwales, never disclose your listening habbits face to face with a non-wigger. As mentioned earlier the alphanumeric data in a pager message will not contain the firemans voice callsign, just an ID code which identify's the pager on the network. Good luck tying to make a connection between the two.

Crusty.
skw

Post by skw »

How would I be able to see this code?
phillowe
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M6PHV

Re: Pagers

Post by phillowe »

Caught this the other night
Twocky61
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: JayWalker

Post by Twocky61 »

Thanks for the frequency list Crusty :)

I believe taxi companies use a computer equivalent to paging rather than PMR; partly to deter other taxi companies & pirate cabbies poaching their punters
milly

Post by milly »

Emergency service alert pagers have a couple of frequencies allocated nationally but they are not transmitted nationally (like normal pagers) as they don't need to be. Retained fire crew and officers are normally within a fairly local area so no need for huge overhead of pager repeaters.
Ambulance don't tend to use the national emergency service freqs, rather they use the national commercial networks.

Taxis use MDT systems (or more and more GSM-based applications)...unlikley to be much to do with pirate cabbies poaching as the data isn't encrypted. Some of the systems can be decoded easily with software and for most of the others the equipment is usually available for peanuts from fleabay and local free newsrags.
"Search engine? How do I find that?"
"Sod it, let someone else do it"
Twocky61
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: JayWalker

Post by Twocky61 »

Thanks Milly :thumbup:
phillowe
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M6PHV

Post by phillowe »

147.800 MHZ is the national Fire pager freq, you will be picking your local fire station up, it will be the daily test (ours is weekly) good for if your nosy like me and want to know when they get called out. (only works on retained Stations tho)
neil57uk1

Post by neil57uk1 »

I know that RNLI pagers are on 153.075.

Anybody know if there is a specific Mountain Rescue Team pager freq?
camerafirm
New User
New User

Post by camerafirm »

Has anybody recently picked up any Pocsag transmissions on 153.075mhz (RNLI/hmcg) ? As I'm yet to find any transmissions on that frequency... with that in mind... are RNLI and HMCG coastguard Pager messages now only broadcast on 156.00 along with the radio tasking? Or are they else where... ? I'm aware that the individual HMCG pagers from Swissphone show a RIC on the bottom - which leads me to believe that they are on a commercial network... but which one...?
camerafirm
New User
New User

Post by camerafirm »

neil57uk1 wrote:I know that RNLI pagers are on 153.075.

Anybody know if there is a specific Mountain Rescue Team pager freq?
The MRT's - (mountain rescue teams) in the NW are responding on 138.150mhz
camerafirm
New User
New User

Post by camerafirm »

I picked up Cumbrian, Mid-wales and Derbyshire Mountain rescue team pagers on 138.150 from Devon.

Does anyone know if 153.075 is still active... as I've not seen a single signal appear on that frequency despite monitoring it at known Pager test times.
redman99
Regular
Regular

Post by redman99 »

Rnli national.
Yes it is active,tests on it every night,through the night 00:00 until about 09.00 on all sites.
grafter
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by grafter »

camerafirm wrote:are RNLI and HMCG coastguard Pager messages now only broadcast on 156.00 along with the radio tasking? Or are they else where... ?
As Redman says RNLI are still active, CG currently use either 156.0 or one of the commercial wide area networks although there is talk about them switching to COACS2 when it is introduced or something called REPEL which I have no information on.
my friend grafter, seems like you are using a very offensive tone in the reply.
camerafirm
New User
New User

Post by camerafirm »

Fab - Thanks for the feedback, Does anyone know which of the commercial frequencies the Coastguard are using for Pagers. Thanks!
zippy
Call Sign: 26TM537

Post by zippy »

hi, not much help but just for the record, I haven't found any pocsag for years, the general stuff all seems to be flex these days.
Alinco DR135DX, Baofeng UV-5R, TYT MD380 (UHF), Realistic Pro-2035, JRC NRD-545 DSP, whitestick and ½ wave silver pole on the chimney and various lengths of wire draped around the garden.