nemco uhf

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
sparkles
Regular
Regular

nemco uhf

Post by sparkles »

has any body used a alarm called a nemco ? they work on uhf and when set off by intruders make your personal radio
bleep these were used by the bobies some time ago and were given to our company but not tuned to our frequency
has any body got any info or instruction books etc many thanks sparks
simon2710
Banned
Banned

Talking Of.....

Post by simon2710 »

Talking of intruder alarms.....I accidently set off a car alarm down my street by simply using my walkie talkie!
Sandhound

Re: Talking Of.....

Post by Sandhound »

simon2710 wrote:Talking of intruder alarms.....I accidently set off a car alarm down my street by simply using my walkie talkie!

Easy done, but don't make it a habit with the same car. :twisted:

I used to set off a couple of house alarms near by. The ocupents were not to happy about it. Had to have their system upgraded.
Andy_uk
Regular
Regular

Re: Talking Of.....

Post by Andy_uk »

Sandhound wrote:
I used to set off a couple of house alarms near by. The ocupents were not to happy about it. Had to have their system upgraded.
I had a similar 'problem' when I used to drive a taxi.
There's a surgery a few doors down from my house and if I keyed the radio up when parked outside it used to set the alarm off!
Not a good plan when I was working nights with 2am tea breaks..... :?
JB
Regular
Regular

RE: Re: Talking Of.....

Post by JB »

Alarm systems should be robust enough to cope with stray RF whatever the source, our elders and betters charge a small fortune for testing them, or so they tell us?