Weird helicopter

Scanning radio frequencies for the North East
bpoolfc95

Weird helicopter

Post by bpoolfc95 »

Has anyone else seen two weird helicopters around the washington and sunderland area in the last few days. On thursday last week, there was a black helicopter flying around for ages very very low. I didnt pick it up once on the scanner. It was very low. Then today, there was a helicopter painted in blue and yellow, exactly the same as India 99, but it wasnt India, it wasnt an EC135. This was flying very very low. It left for a while, then it was so low hovering around Shiney row that it must have been about two houses high. It seemed like it was going to land. It was painted exactly like a police helicopter. The only thing i can think is that India 99 is getting worked on and this copter has been brought in as a temp till its fixed. Anyone know anything
Sorry its so long. :lol:
andymcniven
Regular
Regular

Re: Weird helicopter

Post by andymcniven »

heard a helo over newcastle city centre last week , forget what day but was telling atc he was at 1500 feet taking areial photographs said he had a few more sites to photograph that day , hope this helps
bpoolfc95

Post by bpoolfc95 »

Yeah that helicopter was hovering over my area and i heard it was taking pictures. It went flying off to middlesbrough as it said there was something there for it to snap. It sounded like they said wreck. :?: I think this helicopter was a robinson. All i know is i wouldnt feel safe in one of them knex helicopters.
kath

Post by kath »

was it checking pylons because two helicopters were over loftus last week flying over the fields very low

kath
bpoolfc95

Post by bpoolfc95 »

It might well have been. Was the helicopter your on about black, or was it dark blue and yellow like india 99. I couldnt pick it up either on my scanner. Whenever an aircraft is low or acting unusual, i panic and go into a sate of emergency not knowing wether to grab my camera or my scanner or both. :lol:
kath

Post by kath »

it looked dark green it was there for about 15mins
kath

Post by kath »

i tryed to get it on my scanners but nothing

kath
kath

Post by kath »

have you heard semcorp yet i get it all the time on 443.1375
bpoolfc95

Post by bpoolfc95 »

No i havent picked sembcorp up yet. I wonder if im too far from it. One of the freqs sounds constantly and sounds like a digital radio for me. I tend to have my new fire bank scanning all the time with the handies and sembcorp in it so i might pick it up one day.
smoggy07
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by smoggy07 »

bpoolfc95 wrote:Has anyone else seen two weird helicopters around the washington and sunderland area in the last few days. On thursday last week, there was a black helicopter flying around for ages very very low. I didnt pick it up once on the scanner. It was very low. Then today, there was a helicopter painted in blue and yellow, exactly the same as India 99, but it wasnt India, it wasnt an EC135. This was flying very very low. It left for a while, then it was so low hovering around Shiney row that it must have been about two houses high. It seemed like it was going to land. It was painted exactly like a police helicopter. The only thing i can think is that India 99 is getting worked on and this copter has been brought in as a temp till its fixed. Anyone know anything
Sorry its so long. :lol:
It might have been India 88 from Teesside, I know that`s a EC but not sure what number

EDIT

Looking on wikipedia the Teesside asu is india 55 and is an ec135 but it used to be india 88, I know over Teesside we used to have india 88 and india 99 (88 being the bi-plane and 99 being the chopper from newcastle) but cleveland got rid of the plane and bought a chopper which was for a time called 88
26TM234
bpoolfc95

Post by bpoolfc95 »

It definately wasnt an ec135. I thought it looked like a squirrel and after typing squirrel helicopter in google, i found this image which is exactly what the police looking one was like. http://www.flyingpodcast.co.uk/wp-conte ... el-low.jpg
andymcniven
Regular
Regular

Post by andymcniven »

i photographed one of them exact same helos in september at newcastle airport , it arrived and left with the red arrows
bpoolfc95

Post by bpoolfc95 »

Northumbria police used to use on of these. Never seen it flying but im very interested in the asu history, especialy the islander. I think i seen the islander just once many many many years ago.
Ashtec
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: M6LTD

Post by Ashtec »

I know the old bill have a fly about with the heat detectors on to see if any one is growing cannabis in loft's it was on sky the other day and as well as that the Tax man fly's about place's to see what land owner's have got on there land
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
To see what they can rate you on :evil: :evil: :evil:
handyguy2002

Post by handyguy2002 »

ive seen these helicopters too in the washing area, sometimes on there own sometimes behind each other,
Binatone 950
QuanSheng TG-UV2
TYT 380 + TYT 9600
Kirisun S780
Uniden +BCT15x + BCD396t +BCD536 hp
HYTERA PD505
WHISTLER TRX2