SSTV - slow scan television of QSL cards

Home of the Tango Mike DX Group - Transmission1's very own CB/11m DX group. All club related chat, QSL Card downloads and membership issues/requests to be posted here.
lhotsegirl
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM170

SSTV - slow scan television of QSL cards

Post by lhotsegirl »

Hi,

I would like to try SSTV to send QSL cards via the radio waves, and I would love to have some QSL card replies. If you have a rig with data connections to a computer then you should be able to send and receive images.

I will attempt to be on 27,535 or 27,515 most weekday evenings from about 6:30pm for half an hour to send and receive to encourage others to have a go.

Rx/Tx of images can be done through a computer programme called "MMSSTV" and can be downloaded from here http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmsstv.php

It is very easy to set up MMSSTV and create your own CQ calling card images.

When you receive a card call by radio, you type in their callsign and drag their image to one of your already set templates and a place copy of their image in placed in a small box in your reply image as proof you received a card and send it back with a radio report. You can then send 73's cards as a thank you for the call.

It all makes sense when you look at the program on the computer, see some ready made templates and read through the clear instructions.

Hope to see you sending soon.

Krystyna
Lhotse
26-TM-170
Sheffield, UK
--
Icom 756 Pro III, Yaesu 817, President Grant II, President Jackson Mk1, Icom IC-251E, Anytone 4m, Spectrum Comms 4m Transverter, Time Step WXsat Scanner, Icom E92D DSTAR, Motorola SL1600 DMR, TYT for DMR.
northern35s
Veteran
Veteran

Re: SSTV - slow scan television of QSL cards

Post by northern35s »

I doubt I'd hear you at my QTH, otherwise I'd join in, I think there's something special about receiving pictures by radio, it's not the most popular form of communication, but when I've got a computer connected up I like to see what's coming through on 20m. Have fun and I hope someone joins you on the air :)
Mobile DXing from the car and on foot
simon26OD004
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by simon26OD004 »

I don't think sending data on 535 or 515 would make you very popular, especially if the band is open. SSTV calling frequency on 11M is 27.700 MHz, and can get quite busy at times. You might have more luck in that area of the band instead of hanging around near the voice calling freq.
Oscar Delta 26 Division Coordinator
http://www.oscardelta.org/ ---------------------------------- http://uk.oscardelta.org/
FREE LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP
lhotsegirl
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM170

Post by lhotsegirl »

Aah.. I didn't know that.... I will go to 27,700 then. Thanks for that info... :D
Lhotse
26-TM-170
Sheffield, UK
--
Icom 756 Pro III, Yaesu 817, President Grant II, President Jackson Mk1, Icom IC-251E, Anytone 4m, Spectrum Comms 4m Transverter, Time Step WXsat Scanner, Icom E92D DSTAR, Motorola SL1600 DMR, TYT for DMR.
fez
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fez »

wait untill conditions arrive and you will get plenty of SSTV images from france,spain etc. I wouldn't bother when there are no conditions.

Ive had some great copies on 11m, I want to try digital sstv next.
Black_Pirate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM034

Post by Black_Pirate »

yep 27.700 is the expected freq for SSTV although data on 27.500 to call with a picture with a PSE qsy to 495 or 700 is not unheard of....

I would TX on 500 usb in low conditions but keep an ear out for PSK31 and C.W. transmissions and be prepared to QSY.. :?
looking for propagation for 2013 and beyond... Operating close to the Edge....
of reason......and the Quantocks...
Didi modes (JS8 on 27.245 usb) txt messages via radio lol at minus- 10 to 20 db..... 😊 See FB page...

26T.M.034
GOOD LUCK IN DX
fez
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fez »

Some of my repeated images:

Decoded by my mate when I was hilltop (he was about 15 miles away):

I can't wait for digimodes on 11m this summer. ;)
qwedsa182
Regular
Regular

Post by qwedsa182 »

im gonna keep a listen out for people on 27.305 and on that freq the lady said there