Viewfinder Panoramas

Have you found an interesting radio related website? Don't keep it to yourself, post it in here. The best ones will also be added to the weblinks database!
asd

Viewfinder Panoramas

Post by asd » 23 Feb 2009, 20:40

http://www.viewfinderpanoramas.org/index.htm

Nice site with computer generated views of the UKs panoramas - the distant hills you can see when on other hills...

This would be very handy for line-of-site PMR446 DXers in particular, as it shows you graphically which distant mountains you can see and their distances in miles.

For the UK panoramas, click on the second link down (Panoramas), then scroll down to your region.

BTW, if anyone fancies a go calling me on 446 here in Derbyshire some time, I see there are some very interesting looking line-of-site paths which should be 'do-able' from Shining Tor near Buxton (click on Shining Tor to see them, and if any of the peaks are local to you). Snowdon is 87 miles distant line-of-site from there, and there are many more peaks visible from Wales down to the Malvern Hills. If any member fancies calling me from one of these tops then PM me and we can arrange something.