11 meter code of conduct

Have you found an interesting radio related website? Don't keep it to yourself, post it in here. The best ones will also be added to the weblinks database!
pat
Call Sign: 29LR001

11 meter code of conduct

Post by pat »

Your thoughts please,

http://activations.dx27.net/coc.php

Many thanks

Pat
DX27 admin
Mark-in-Essex
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: 11 meter code of conduct

Post by Mark-in-Essex »

21.It seems so obvious, but LISTEN
Listen carefully instead of rushing in, trying to quickly get in the log. You may need to know some things, for example, is the station working split
2 Only call when you can hear the DX-activation
3. Call at reasonable intervals
4. Trust your ears, not the web
5. Wait for the right time to call
6.Always use your full callsign.
7. Do not call when the DX-Activation is in QSO.
8. Do not call when the DX-Activation requests another geographical area
9. Stand by
10. Respect the DX-Activation
11. Respect yourself.

Totally agree...Number 6 may not be accurate....many times the Activation will call "Unit number only please gentlemen"
Samalex
Call Sign: MM0

Post by Samalex »

the majority dont abide by rules on 11m in the first instance so why does anyone think they will abide by the code of conduct?

All the hard work to push the code of conduct will be futile
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

Samalex wrote:the majority dont abide by rules on 11m in the first instance
LOL! Such as not operating there to begin with... :lol:
pat
Call Sign: 29LR001

Post by pat »

HI Guys

Thanks for your reply's
This is work in motion and not yet finished.
These are suggested guidelines and not rules, as I think rules would be impossible to push.

Number 6 seems to be the only sticking point so far.
If you click on the line, it will give a more detailed explanation and NO: 6 reads =

The DX-Activation will waste time asking you for your full callsign Always call with your full callsign as it keeps the pile up moving.

Keeping the pile up moving was my idea, but I see from various forums that maybe I was too hasty

Any more suggestions, please post.

It was also suggested that I post a set of guidelines for the DX-Activation as well,
An interesting idea I'm sure you will agree

Cheers and thanks for your support

Pat
29LR001
DX27 admin
Optimaman42
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: 26FL333

Post by Optimaman42 »

People should be the same whether their on 11m or on the ham bands!The muppets is as it is,its good your trying to make 11m even better to work the band,many thanks
Windy_Miller
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Windy_Miller »

12. Remember, this is either the "Freeband" or CB bands you are in. Stop pretending to be a ham!
13. Have fun. Way too many folk out there are fed up with "Your 5 by 9 - Next?" Try maybe some conversation? That, after all is what we are therefore. Being spat out after 10 seconds just makes us go elsewhere to find intelligent conversation! [As the home page on your website says "CB Radio is Talk Radio"]
14. Spice up the fun by transmitting, from time to time, "Ah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck. You gotta copy on me, Pig Pen, c'mon?" and offering a prize to anyone who sounds most convincingly like the intro to Convoy.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

15. Do NOT drink a whole bottle of vodka, switch on your 10kw burner and shout 'ola, ola, coca cola' on 27.555 USB for 6 hours at a time until you pass out.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Farty »

Blimey, may as well just become a ham! I know that's an unpopular thought, but if folk are encouraging those sort of behavioural codes then why not?
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016
mof000
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mof000 »

I'm all for keeping it similar..... Just not as sterile !
I'll pay whatever i think it's worth...:-)
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Isnt 'freebanding' all about a lack of rules and jus general law breaking t'on wireless?

Anarchy is just that!
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

I guess that 11m DXing is sort of legal now with CEPT SSB and AM, but any code of conduct is slightly patronising to say the least.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM953

Post by ghost123uk »

Admiral wrote:15. Do NOT drink a whole bottle of vodka, switch on your 10kw burner and shout 'ola, ola, coca cola' on 27.555 USB for 6 hours at a time until you pass out.
Image Image

Windy_Miller wrote:13. Have fun. Way too many folk out there are fed up with "Your 5 by 9 - Next?" Try maybe some conversation?
Agreed :thumbup:
Providing of course I am not in a DX "ring" at the time, if I find myself talking to someone half way around the world, I try to get the usual technicalities out of the way and break that routine by asking "What do you have for breakfast". The answers can be interesting and it gets us off on more interesting subjects than what type of desk mic is in use :roll: Surprisingly, folk in many parts of the world don't know what Weetabix or Toast with Marmite is :o

Windy_Miller wrote:14. Spice up the fun by transmitting, from time to time, "Ah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck. You gotta copy on me, Pig Pen, c'mon?" and offering a prize to anyone who sounds most convincingly like the intro to Convoy.
We used to set up a thing similar to the "3 word story", but a sentence or two was allowed. It used to turn into like an ad-libbed play 8) Sometimes they got very "off the wall" and anyone tuning in mid way must have thought they had stumbled onto a spy ring or whatever :crazy: .

Back to the O.P. = I think a code of conduct can't be a bad thing :thumbup:

John, on the S. Cheshire / N. Shropshire border. 26TM953 / muppet handle "Grey ghost"
Don't just monitor, key up and talk, otherwise everyone thinks no one else is out there !!!
M1ke
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM642

Post by M1ke »

Admiral wrote:15. Do NOT drink a whole bottle of vodka, switch on your 10kw burner and shout 'ola, ola, coca cola' on 27.555 USB for 6 hours at a time until you pass out.
pmsl :clap:
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

Oh dear,somebody needs to get on the rig more :lol: {bnghd}