new amateur radio forum

Have you found an interesting radio related website? Don't keep it to yourself, post it in here. The best ones will also be added to the weblinks database!
Stronty
Veteran
Veteran

Re: new amateur radio forum

Post by Stronty »

westendham wrote:It was a bad idea to post it on here lol most other sites posted here get ripped to bits by a few tm1 members thats why I never bothered to post mine :0
That's not all together true over the years CBR was / is respected as was 11MDX & FREEBANDING THE WORLD foxtrot bravo group.

Some sheeple even enjoy CT ;)
Can't help but love an Adams.

SadToes

Post by SadToes »

Stronty wrote:
westendham wrote:It was a bad idea to post it on here lol most other sites posted here get ripped to bits by a few tm1 members thats why I never bothered to post mine :0
That's not all together true over the years CBR was / is respected as was 11MDX & FREEBANDING THE WORLD foxtrot bravo group.

Some sheeple even enjoy CT ;)
What is CT?
Monsta
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Monsta »

that would be the Charlie Tango
http://s3.zetaboards.com/copythat/index/

It's as other say ....there REALLY is only 2 enormous sites with regular posting, interesting topics, "character" members and good social interaction with a lot of knowledgeable people

Transmission1 - Which has a broad user base including Amateur, CB, 11m DX, PMR and more:
Well moderated with a good sense of fun and the occasional bit or drama to keep us all interested..nicely laid out too. The first radio forum i joined properly
Outstanding Feature: Uber Friendly

HamRadioDeals - Dedicated to Amateur (or legal) Radio primarily and focused on the sale of equipment (which is how it started) - Strongly moderated (which doesn't suit everyone), can be considered cliquey and hard to get under-the-table but again lots of knowledgeable posts with a generous helping of hardcore banter/drama
Outstanding Feature: Great sale/purchase feedback system with intervention if there are issues

Both are excellent sites, I am a long standing member of both, truth is we don't NEED any more ....If you can't find what you want on TM1/HRD ...then you probably don't need it!
10/11: Anytone AT-5555, President Lincoln - Astatic Audio
HF: Kenwood TS2000 ,Kenwood G707, Heil Goldline,
chazwozza
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26CD172

Post by chazwozza »

worldwide radio forum is a good blast too

http://www.worldwidedx.com/

CT is cool too with the guys that do extreme dx in tents and stuff with home made dipoles etc
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Post by porky.69 »

[quote="chazwozza"

CT is cool too with the guys that do extreme dx in tents and stuff with home made dipoles etc[/quote]
is that what they call it these days !! :lol: its very sad grown men playing radio in tents :)
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)
chazwozza
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by chazwozza »

Ah amateur field days = sad
point noted
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Post by porky.69 »

chazwozza wrote:Ah amateur field days = sad
point noted
its crazy though pete some local hams do these 2 meter fox hunts. what must people think ( homeless man in tent with only cb radio for company )
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)
chazwozza
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by chazwozza »

Fox hunts lol now that is sad
that's never sat right with me tbh
RogerD
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by RogerD »

ChrisCSL wrote:It seems just like a rival for HRD. That would be OK if HRD had fizzled, but it is very much alive and kicking, just like this site.
Does anyone have a link for a "view latest postings" on HRD, please? It would be nice to get a feel for whether it's worth joining, or to have some more discussion to read each day.
Or is it one of those lame sites that don't allow that to non-members? Utterly self-defeating IMHO, as it drives newbies away for no good reason. The point of registering is for posting. Not allowing non-members to view what's going on is just childish. These people don't understand what an incentive to join really is! If we can see lots of interesting activity, then we will want to join in!

How small minded do you have to be, to think "these freeloaders aren't contributing anything to the forum, why should we let them have anything for nothing?". It depresses me to think that some people are so dumb. Any business run that way would go under, in short order.

"If you build it they will come". If you're sticking a finger up at people, they won't.

So, do I get to see what's on there, or can they go whistle? :mrgreen:
Monsta
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Monsta »

every forum is different
and YES to see 95% of whats on HRD ....you DO have to be a member
but it isn't hardship and takes 2 minutes ...

Their security policy is a little tough, but that is also reflected in the fact they get NO spam posts
at all and have a great control over what is said on there....not in a NAZI way ...but certainly in an
"ordered" way ...

If it's not for you then that's fine, but hundreds of u use both :)
10/11: Anytone AT-5555, President Lincoln - Astatic Audio
HF: Kenwood TS2000 ,Kenwood G707, Heil Goldline,
RogerD
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by RogerD »

Yes it's a hardship, I don't have an "ISP email addy", so I'm not welcome :(
SadToes

Post by SadToes »

That means all sky customers cant sign up as their email is now provided by yahoo
RogerD
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by RogerD »

Anyhow, I enjoyed my rant and I know it won't change anything :)
ChrisCSL
Banned
Banned

Post by ChrisCSL »

The people on HRD have decided what kind of forum they want, and they're sticking to it.

I can't say its wrong, because on this site it is obvious that some recent joiners have absolutely nothing to do with radio, and are probably just 'General' trawlers...belonging to many different sites but with no connection to the subject at hand.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Thanks for posting your mates site, good luck to Steve and crew, but it looks like the usual pompous, condescending crap to me.

'1. PLEASE RESPECT THE STAFF'

FFS, it's a rule to respect someone?
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition