www.junk-sale.co.uk

Have you found an interesting radio related website? Don't keep it to yourself, post it in here. The best ones will also be added to the weblinks database!
Black Spirit
Veteran
Veteran

Re: www.junk-sale.co.uk

Post by Black Spirit » 30 Apr 2011, 15:01

Crusader wrote:
Black Spirit wrote:And their "no offers" rule is a pain when advertising stuff for sale.
Done purposely to stop the greedmeisters that know full well what their equipment is worth & what to ask for it,just causes trouble as all they were doing was playing members off against eachother with "Dutch Auctions",if people want to auction stuff they should use ebay,and i respect admins decision to implement this rule & after all its John M0CSN's website,so he can do what the heck he wants, perhaps other websites should follow suit then the greed & the over inflated prices might stop,and after all at least sellers are avoiding the excessive ebay & paypal fees by using the free advertising space on the forums,so why be so greedy?
I didnt say any different :? :?

What i mean is, For example i had an HF radio here faulty, Just the bare set no lead/mic etc etc and had no idea of its value, So before the no offers rule i put it up offers spares repair with a detailed description of the fault, An hour or so went by and i had an offer which i accepted, We were both happy with the outcome, I could have put a higher price on it but i am not greedy,

If someone wants something i have thats no use too me i usually give it away, Even if it means popping it into an envelope and 1st class stamp which is only a few pence, Which i have done numerous times.

In short If you have something now that you have no real clue of what to ask you cannot advertise it, Its got naff all to do with ebay style auctions at all.

99.9% of the time i always put a price and always like a haggle etc, But in some cases its just not possible.
Last edited by Black Spirit on 30 Apr 2011, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader » 30 Apr 2011, 15:41

Black Spirit wrote: I didnt say any different :? :?
I know you did'nt mate :) ,was just pointing out a few facts out for all to see thats all,they were'nt directed sorely at you,so please don't take it personally ;)

Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader » 30 Apr 2011, 15:49

Black Spirit wrote: What i mean is, For example i had an HF radio here faulty, Just the bare set no lead/mic etc etc and had no idea of its value, So before the no offers rule i put it up offers spares repair with a detailed description of the fault, An hour or so went by and i had an offer which i accepted, We were both happy with the outcome, I could have put a higher price on it but i am not greedy,
I know what you mean,but unfortunatly your in a minority with your honesty,if i had my way there would be just a carpet ban on this whole offers thing as some are doing it to manipulate a higher than normal price,as Bigpimp described you PM them with your offer & they say they have received a higher offer,when you can safely say the other bidder/offer does'nt really exist and they are just hoping somebody naive comes along that they can sting.
I think it needs a line drawing under it in my opinion as it just causes trouble,on the other hand if they say for example offers over £50 etc i have no problem with that as they have stated a minimum price that they are willing to accept for the item..

Advent
Regular
Regular

Post by Advent » 17 Mar 2012, 08:46

I have done nowt wrong yet when I try to to log into Junksale I receive this message...... {bnghd}
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GW0DIV
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: GW0DIV

Post by GW0DIV » 17 Mar 2012, 14:09

Advent wrote:I have done nowt wrong yet when I try to to log into Junksale I receive this message...... {bnghd}
It's all infected with a virus, Google Junksale virus.
http://www.facebook.com/southwalesradio

http://www.radioclubs.net/rars/

Twitter: @GW0DIV

President of Bristol Channel Repeater Group