KLV1000 fault

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
satelitesid

KLV1000 fault

Post by satelitesid »

Does anybody have any experience of this wonderful amp?
Seems to be working, up to a point. There is an issue with it staying in TX in high power positions. It's almost like RF feedback, but it does it in to dummy load. Not tried it into an antenna, it would probably fry mine.
I did think about parasitic oscillations, but thought it best to see if anybody else has experience, before I start poking around inside it, for obvious reasons
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Re: KLV1000 fault

Post by dt307 »

i would send it to some 1 that knows what they doing or some 1 brave . the schematic for the rf sence is a bit ott and lots of scope for rf to get in. i personaly would convert it to ptt switching. i dont want to tell you what you should be checking as you will need to check them in fault conditions ie amp on and running,could be just a cable came loose from its mountings and touching a place where its not ment to or some thing else bad earth ect .there is the scope to KILL you messing about inside this amp so i cant go into details m8 sorry.and i aint a fan of messing with hv. start with the simple things earth the amp and having a dummy load too close to the unit will also do this and a lot of rf will come out of the dummy load .if your antenna swr is ok just try it on your antenna m8
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Re: KLV1000 fault

Post by cb4ever104 »

Also . Try using a few different patch cords .

S.
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.