Red 7-Segment LED Channel Display for Amstrad 901

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
Phuture

Red 7-Segment LED Channel Display for Amstrad 901

Post by Phuture »

Hi,

Could anyone advise on a suitable replacement for a red 7-Segment LED dual channel display for an Amstrad 901? The original part has "5231" on the side of it, but that's all it appears to have on it.

Also, I'm looking for a replacement (vertical) meter for a Harvard Good Buddy (AKA under Commando and Legionaire makes) if anyone has one in good condition in a scrapper. :)

Cheers!
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Re: Red 7-Segment LED Channel Display for Amstrad 901

Post by The Collector »

I can't help with providing one or helping you to source a new one, but there are quite a few radios out there that use the smaller readout, like Mustangs and Icom 1050's etc, so long as they're the right polarity and you don't mind switching to green (did one in the 80's but I can't remember which radio it was from).

Maybe Nick, Black Spirit or a similar radio guru would know off-hand as my knowledge (and memory) is limited.
Phuture

Post by Phuture »

Thanks, Collector. I was thinking there might be a new direct replacement and I was hoping someone had already long found success in finding one.
Looks like t's not been so easy, though. Cheers. :)
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

I had a load of signal meters, displays and knobs etc, but sold them all on fleabay a little while back. I've given up tarting up radios, otherwise I bet I'd have had a spare one.

Typically I've just bought a radio that needs a new meter cover!