Superstar CRT 2018 mic' - Visual help required ;)

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Superstar CRT 2018 mic' - Visual help required ;)

Post by The Collector »

Hi all.

As you may have seen in another topic, I bought this mic' from ebay as faulty.

I've got the audio working but there's no echo. I've just noticed on a site that 2 of the wires appear to be soldered together, rather than on 2 pads I thought they'd be connected to. Some wires were off when I opened it up (others fell off shortly afterwards as the quality of the wires is shocking) and I just assumed where they'd come from with my common sense (probably wrong then lol).

Could someone with a larger PC screen please have a look at the wiring in the picture of the inside of the 2018 mic' and check if the red and yellow wires ARE soldered together on the right solder tab???

My phone screen is big enough to think they are, but I just want to check before I solder them together and blow the thing to smithereens :)

Thanks in advance!:

https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1893000.html
14CS06
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Superstar CRT 2018 mic' - Visual help required ;)

Post by 14CS06 »

Hello

the red and yellow wires ARE soldered together on the right solder tab

@+
Claude
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Photo Collector CB RADIO
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Re: Superstar CRT 2018 mic' - Visual help required ;)

Post by The Collector »

:thumbup: Thank you Claude.

My phone screen doesn't enlarge it very much before it blurs a bit.

It looks like there's a very very thin line of silver across the top of those two right solder points, which I thought might be the very thin wiring from the yellow. It looks brighter than a track would be. I though the yellow wire may have just been pushed underneath the red one.

I'll solder it onto the same tab when I get a chance and see if it changes anything at all.