Magnum 257 repair

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
satelitesid

Magnum 257 repair

Post by satelitesid »

A bloke brought me one of the above, he had had a go at changing the bulbs to blue LEDS, and somehow forgot to unplug it, and it went fizzle pop dead.
Blown track on PCB, easy enough.
Fitted the LEDS as a freebie, rather than have him kill it again.
Seems to be working, apart from F, Mode and M Load.
All of these appear to be fed off pin 29 of the CPU.
Working across the board, I have continuity between that pin and each of the switches.
Reset doesn't cure it.
Any ideas, apart from he has fried the CPU?

Cheers

Andy

satelitesid

Re: Magnum 257 repair

Post by satelitesid »

Checking between pin 29 and ground, pushing the 3 switches separately gives me about 8k resistance each, which tallies with the 10 k pull downs on the far side of each switch.
satelitesid

Post by satelitesid »

Need help with it!
Does anybody have one of these abominations in bits, and could check something for me please?
The board at the rear with the four way jumper thing, there are 4 resistors fed with a wire, which I presume is a hold up or hold down wire, or somesuch.
In my case it is a grey wire.
That wire has become detatched from the CPU board, and I need to know where it goes, exactly.
I have a feeling I can get it working again if attatched, at the moment it is stuck on 28 - 29.7 mode, which it should not be, according to the jumper and owner of this POS set.
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Post by dt307 »

http://service.alan-electronics.de/Funk ... nk/AE485S/

between the pic and the info above you may get what you need if not let me know and i get a m8 to open his
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
satelitesid

Post by satelitesid »

Thanks Chris, but that is not the correct board.
My mistake, it is the Ultraforce, not the 257.

It's the other end of the blue wire on this link

http://service.alan-electronics.de/Funk ... -board.pdf
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Post by dt307 »

ok i will look tonight when home
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein