Stryker 955hp

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 45

Stryker 955hp

Post by original45 »

I have been trying the stryker 955hp but I note it seems to have a few hiccups that I have found ref too on internet.

One seems to be in vfo the dial kind of jumps frequency in gaps so takes few goes to get to your chosen frequency.

It too seems the course fine isn't quite right and rotates freely no click as I assume it should have ?.

Thus far I havnt found the 24mghz either,seems to be 25-30 however was told it was expanded mode ?

The last seems I get some audio noise through internal speeker on ssb ,not present in am fm modes.

Not a simple radio to use but slowly working it out.but I like the audio and receive seems great too.

A immaculate example but I believe will need servicing repair . Any one had these issues and is it worth repairing ,who should I send it too and rough estimates cost wise to consider its worth please.
Much appreciated
Thank you
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Re: Stryker 955hp

Post by dt307 »

done 1 that had issues way off frequency
if i recall (and i got a brain like a fish)
i had to install some service mode software
and then reload the programming
its possible some 1 has just programmed it like that as i remember was 24 meg up on the 1 i did
also it made a 3900 look stable on ssb lol
i think the course/fine are smooth like a cobra 148 and not clicky like some of the new chinky radios
worth repairing yes they fetch good money
vfo is wooly something to do with the way they send the commands over the bus turning slow helps
a lot of the chinky radios have a ott hot rx esp in ssb i find detuning them and bringing the smeter up helps but you may have an actual fault
no idea who to send to maybe dave woods?.... dont know any 1 that mess with surface mount.
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by original45 »

Thank you, I will try turning slow the vfo and look further into the programing,Dave too .

The only thing I didn't really like is the vfo ,it would have been far better to have the button to press to select the last 3didgets of frequencies to be changed.

Still not come second nature that.

If I'm honest and admit I know little about radios as such but go on how I found the stryker compared to my linc 1 , if all modern radios are like this the old school stuff is still king.

Thank you for your input.

It's greatly appreciated.
timbob58
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26tm957

Post by timbob58 »

if all modern radios are like this the old school stuff is still king....................................... thats so true
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

As dt307 said they do fetch good money. Check out this one on eBay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4020985909
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by original45 »

Thank you for the heads up ,I will watch it with interest although it is new boxed.
I will do a little morere testing in New year and get it serviced .
Thank you again