Add-on Board In Ranger 2950DX.

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
astradyne

Add-on Board In Ranger 2950DX.

Post by astradyne »

Just been checking over this 2950DX as some of the pushbuttons on the front panel weren't working. I removed the pushbutton PCB and all the switches checked out fine with a multimeter. Plugged the PCB back in and hey Preston! All switches working as they should. I'm guessing it was a bad connection so happy days and a cheap 2950DX.

Anyhow, I noticed this board wired in just behind the mic socket. I've not seen this in a Ranger before. There appear to be two connector wires which currently go nowhere and two jumper pins on the board itself. No idea myself so hoping some of you will be a little wiser as to what it could be.

Cheers guys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Re: Add-on Board In Ranger 2950DX.

Post by ch25 »

Zener diode on it. Looks a 9V power source circuit for preamplified mic to bypass battery.
Chris
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...