Turner M+3B mic ,PTT clip repair.

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 45

Turner M+3B mic ,PTT clip repair.

Post by original45 »

Another of a recent find the turner m+3B power mic.

Looks ok but after inspecting internally the PTT is held at position by a circlip holding back a red plastic collar and spring

The clip dropped out on opening it and it appears the PTT slider pin it broken on end.as I suspect thats the point the circlip held on.

Is their a good way to repair it better than holding all in situ. And using araldite or epoxy resin to affix the clip in situ.

Images bellow.
Seems a shame to scrap it ,I'd like to hear it used but don't want to mess it up either if any of you more skilled types know a better fix
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 45

Re: Turner M+3B mic ,PTT clip repair.

Post by original45 »

Finally cracked it, used a cover of a 5mm insupen needle .fits perfectly inside the hole in the PTT key ,cut to length ,araldited on.
This must be a weakness of this model ,so I will also make up some sort of slide rail for the key to run along to stop sideways flex of the PTT pin as its pressed in.

Once its back together I may need info on how to wire it for a 5pin din to colt 210 and Midland alike.
Its already 5 pin din just not that same configured.

The collar on the insupen cover is small enough so as the red collar fits over ,spring too clip fits tightly now too.
Looking good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.