Improving the Antron 99?

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 45

Re: Improving the Antron 99?

Post by original45 »

Thanks all ,New antennas my next purchase. Will pay attention to your advices.
Thanks
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

ch25 wrote: 22 May 2018, 08:40 If you put longer radials, you have to shorten radiating element, that gonna change elevation for worst in most cases.
5/8 antennas does not need long radials, because maximum current is located higher than radials are mounted.
Chris
The "best" vertical aluminium CB antenna ? = most nominees appear to have 4 longer groundplane legs than an 827's short 8,and I have always fancied a Super Penatrator 500,as the Imax/827 doesn't annoy the neighbours enough ;)
Plenty are talking worldwide on 27.555 usb,
Some are too far up their own @rse to admit it,
Many happen to know otherwise dx-ing test free,
Showing a complete lack of respect for the law.

27.555 Usb
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

If youre planning to put it in a corner and you're worried about the legs getting in the way, could you leave off any legs that would hit the roof and just have them say 1/3 of the way around, pointing away from the buildings? It's a bit of a compromise, but should still be better than an Antron.
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 45

Post by original45 »

I have been looking and I think I can accommodate 4ft radials in a diff location and hopefully have the radicals clear the ridge line too.

It will obviously make it more awkward to physically get it up in situ but can be done.
It's coming together well, bought a bigger psu, have a ssb radio now got a power mic to suit on the way hopefully next week few other spares to suit .
The antenna hopefully should be next.
I could try a 3 radial compromise initially