Opinions on this 3900

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
310den
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Opinions on this 3900

Post by 310den »

All done. Yes the days of using channel 9 for emergencies are long gone I believe. Thanks for the link and tips, easy to do when you know what to take out, link to etc...
I snipped the ends of the unused Grey wires off and used heat shrink to replace the yellow tape inside, looking better already.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

310den wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 12:02 I snipped the ends of the unused Grey wires off and used heat shrink to replace the yellow tape inside, looking better already.
Where does the other end of the grey wire go ?
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
310den
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by 310den »

cb4ever104 wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 14:27
310den wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 12:02 I snipped the ends of the unused Grey wires off and used heat shrink to replace the yellow tape inside, looking better already.
Where does the other end of the grey wire go ?
I don't recall tracing it back. Since the photos of other insides show that wire disconnected I left it. Someone had connected them at some point we can assume since the ends were bare and soldered. If I open it up again I will trace it back but it's all back together now on test. The 'unknown' pot was exactly what JollyRoger said further back and all seems on frequency.
On a different note the only activity I have heard this way coming from Brighton was all on channel 19 (UK FM), no other channel was in use. :lolno: