DIY FM board

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
ShakyMcQuiver
Registered New User
Registered New User

Re: DIY FM board

Post by ShakyMcQuiver »

I know this thread is a bit dated, but is there a web site I can order that FM board?

Thanks,
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Hi .

You can find the kit here :

http://www.spectrumcomms.co.uk/CB_Kits.htm

(FM455 FREQUENCY MOD-DEMOD)

Cheers
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Post by dt307 »

i just did a review of a fm board by recoil a member here as i am a tester / give feedback for him
works great and cheaper than specky ones and prebuilt,not sure if he is in a position to sell to the masses yet but may be worth sending him a pm if any body needs one,
i have a 2000gtl going to get one of robs boards and a maurer module in the new year
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
163TM847
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 163TM847 »

A few months too late now, But

Remember when installing spectrum board into an SSB radio to add a 10n [103] cap across pins 2 and 7 of the 741 op amp otherwise you will get a "rushing" noise on TX audio, And also the +TX for the TX audio circuit has to be switched off when on SSB or you will get a howl on RX when volume is turned up as the board was not designed for SSB radios, This is why i change the 3 way mode switch to a 4 way as there are enough pins to switch certain things on and off.

I have had the Uniden FM board PCB cloned [Madison/Stalker XX] and i usually only use these in Uniden radios.

DSC00641.JPG

For anything else i just knock one up on a bit of vero, Its only for me so im not that concerned about getting a PCB etched but i may get it done one day.

DSC00640.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Thanks for the info Nick .
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.