Cobra 200 gt l no tx

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
tony2803
Call Sign: 163TM2803

Cobra 200 gt l no tx

Post by tony2803 »

Pick up a nice cobra 200 gtl with no tx. Everything else works fine. I can hear myself on talk back but no tx on normal transmit. Any ideas where to start.
speeddemon

Re: Cobra 200 gt l no tx

Post by speeddemon »

Hi tony2803 first id would check the rd16hhf1 driver its known to go bad and all caps n resistors/zeners /etc in predriver/driver/final stages and get yourself a service manual off the interwebbs .gd luck . Cheers n 73's
tony2803
Call Sign: 163TM2803

Post by tony2803 »

Thanks for your reply
Looking at the circuit diagram I cannot find it. What would be the mosfet mark on the diagram . Thanks.
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

Hi tony2803. ya as far as I remember its trans mq73 left of L21 been awhile since I've had one on the work bench.. any needed info on it can be found on cbtricks .com and a quick google search cobra 200gtl dx problems might help you out .to get da known manufacturer bugz out of the radio . Gd luck cheers n 73's
sonoma
Regular
Regular

Post by sonoma »

Tony here is all the info from cbtricks that will help you locate the driver and how to tune the radio.

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/cobra/20 ... /index.htm
sonoma
Regular
Regular

Post by sonoma »

you can go into the tour of the radio and click on the 3rd piture down and on the left to see the driver. it has 16hhf I think it is marked on top of the part you are looking for. I did not look in the service manual but it may have a voltage chart to check the part. most do have that info.

here is a link also from Cobras web site that might help if you do not find what you need on cbtricks. look at the service bulletins also.

http://downloads.cobra.com/10meter/10meter.htm