issue with amplifier in the car

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
ROTEL240

Re: issue with amplifier in the car

Post by ROTEL240 »

I asked how long the patch lead was because I know a few who have had the same problem and a very long patch lead coiled up sorted out the problem. Bin the old one and buy a kl 203 for £40 and see how this works with a longer lead. Also earth the burners outer case.
Ur5by9

Post by Ur5by9 »

Patch leads are fairly short, Sorry I should have added that to my previous posts and I thank you for the help.
I will take a look at this again tonight, a bit mithed as to why it now fails to power up. I can't see even with a dead resistor how this would affect the rest of the unit.
wa10
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by wa10 »

The large resistors are nothing to do with it powering up, they are a potential divider to reduce the drive into the transistor
W8JI
"An antenna with a poor ground using few radials cannot have a support mast grounded to the radial common point (at least it shouldn't if designed properly) There is no exception to this!