Poorly hygain v

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
Astro fantom
Regular
Regular

Poorly hygain v

Post by Astro fantom »

Just bought a hygain 2795 dx but the channel selector seems to miss segments out up in the channel 70 to 80 on hi band...its fine on low and mid and i can flick thru channels without it missing any segments at all but soon as i go past 70 on hi band it starts missing bits and you have to tease the selector knob back and forth to get the segments to light back up again..im thinking probs needs just a clean up on the switch but anyone else have any ideas on this?
Also the signal meter seems stuck on 3 on am and fm but swings fine on ssb...hoping this is not going to be problematic as i dont know of any decent radio techs in the north east these days and id rather not do this myself and get it wrong
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Re: Poorly hygain v

Post by Auldgeek »

Astro fantom wrote:Just bought a hygain 2795 dx but the channel selector seems to miss segments out up in the channel 70 to 80 on hi band...its fine on low and mid and i can flick thru channels without it missing any segments at all but soon as i go past 70 on hi band it starts missing bits and you have to tease the selector knob back and forth to get the segments to light back up again..im thinking probs needs just a clean up on the switch but anyone else have any ideas on this?
Also the signal meter seems stuck on 3 on am and fm but swings fine on ssb...hoping this is not going to be problematic as i dont know of any decent radio techs in the north east these days and id rather not do this myself and get it wrong
Sorry, I can't give you any suggestions about how to fix your issues yourself but there's an excellent tech in Wales that will have your radio sorted and singing in no time.

Just send a pm to Nick aka Black Spirit on this forum.
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
Astro fantom
Regular
Regular

Post by Astro fantom »

Thanks buddy i'll defo do that it'd be worth sending it to wales just to know im getting a good job done on it as its a real clean radio jist a little poorly at the minute
ROTEL240

Post by ROTEL240 »

As said above Nick Black Spirit will have it working better than new.